ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR card application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Re: EEA PR card application

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:34 pm

sorry won't do it again

can you clarify on self employment ....if I submit a few payslips and invoices ad bank statements for each year is that sufficient? I don't think I keep every single one of them

Thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:41 pm

ivetalopes wrote:sorry won't do it again

can you clarify on self employment ....if I submit a few payslips and invoices ad bank statements for each year is that sufficient? I don't think I keep every single one of them

Thanks again
Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- page 18+

Follow the guidance, you will need accounts, tax documents, NI documents & etc as well as bank statements.

Be careful about keeping adequate records - for one thing its up to you to persuade the caseworker.

And I think you will find you have to keep business documents for a number of years anyway, just to satisfy HMRC rules (neve mind immigration purposes).
That was certainly the case when I was self-employed back in the day.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:51 pm

I pay myself a part time salary so on my payslips says I pay 0 NI and income tax. I on the other hand pay corporation tax ....I am due to pay it now by September 2016 but haven't paid it yet. I will submit as many as possible

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 pm

ivetalopes wrote:I pay myself a part time salary so on my payslips says I pay 0 NI and income tax. I on the other hand pay corporation tax ....I am due to pay it now by September 2016 but haven't paid it yet. I will submit as many as possible
HO may apply its MET test to your earnings to decide whether they consider your self-employment is genuine and effective.
Lack of tax & NI does not lead to automatic refusal but may give rise to follow up questions.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:07 pm

I Have an accountant who advised me what to do. She produces my payslips each month....I get paid scary 500 pounds plus i claim some expenses as I use my home for my business and also dividends. She has already submitted my annual return to HMRC and Companies house and they have sent me a form with how much corporation tax I should pay. I am doing anything illegal simply following my accountants advice

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:11 pm

HMRC and Companies house have received all accounts for 2015 already and there have been no problems.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:17 pm

ivetalopes wrote:I Have an accountant who advised me what to do. She produces my payslips each month....I get paid scary 500 pounds plus i claim some expenses as I use my home for my business and also dividends. She has already submitted my annual return to HMRC and Companies house and they have sent me a form with how much corporation tax I should pay. I am doing anything illegal simply following my accountants advice
That's fine but in any/all dealings with HO for immigration matters don't forget it is you who signs the Declaration to vouch for accuracy and completeness.

Anyway, the questions I refer to will be about whether the work is genuine and effective.
As you can see from the HO guidance I gave you (above) one test the caseworker can use is whether tax/NI is paid.

You can get up to speed on MET here if you haven't googled it already:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/using-m ... ne-worker/

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:43 pm

The work I do is genuine...I have invoices, contracts, business bank statement , website running so I can prove it is a real company. HMRC has sent me the slips where it says how much corporate tax I have to pay and I have until September 2016 to pay it but I will be submitting the application in May.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:39 pm

I think your bigest concern should be a gap between employment and self employment to be honest

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:22 am

buktais wrote:Hi,

I am EEA national and applied for PR in June 2015. I used new form that includes benefits section but simply did not include it. Filled all the other relevant sections but this one. I was exercising TR as employed. Got my PR granted in 6 weeks despite missing section.

Now we have applied for PR for my non EEA husband and once again, new form excluding benefits section.

Hope you will find my experience useful. Good luck!
Thanks for your clarification, there are lots of us who didn't use the current eea pr form and didnt fill the benefits section
NON EU national with RC

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Thank you all for your help

I have gone through all paperwork. I stopped being employed on 28th August 2014. Started self employment a week later so I think I will be ok

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:13 am

Quick question....should I send original documents and copies or just originals ? And do they send them back?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:01 pm

Quick question....should I send original documents and copies or just originals ? And do they send them back?

Of course they do send your originals back to you, Just the same way they sent your originals back when you first applied for his EEA2 resident card in 2011.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:00 pm

You must send original documents only. They will be returned to you once your application has been decided, although if you include any letters from employers/etc, these will not be returned.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Going back into the posts and I was asking how to word things in the cover letter and reply was :

Just state spouse has RC (issued x/xxx/2011) so McCarthy transitional arrangement applies and you are EEA sponsor.

So can I just clarify should the cover letter be written by my husband who is applicant applying for the PR card or should I as the sponsor write the letter from my behalf?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:25 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Going back into the posts and I was asking how to word things in the cover letter and reply was :

Just state spouse has RC (issued x/xxx/2011) so McCarthy transitional arrangement applies and you are EEA sponsor.

So can I just clarify should the cover letter be written by my husband who is applicant applying for the PR card or should I as the sponsor write the letter from my behalf?
Suggest whoever is most comfortable writes the letter.
Some of the points will be made from the applicant's point of view, some points will relate to the sponsor.
Husband as applicant should probably sign it.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:44 pm

My husband Mr. xxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxx has a Residence card (issued on XXXXX) and McCarthy transitional arrangement applies and I am the EEA Sponsor.

At the time when his Residence card was issued it was possible to marry a European national with dual nationality (I hold dual nationality British and Bulgarian) before the definition of EEA national in regulation 2(1) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 was amended on 16 July 2012 to exclude EEA nationals who also hold British citizenship.

I enclose both passports.

I kind of worded the letter on my behalf but we will both sign it.
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal info

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun May 08, 2016 2:33 pm

HI just about to submit the application tomorrow but have a a quick question.

I am filling in the EEA 4 form which is older version. ON the new EEA PR form there is a form asking for the sponsor to sign it and date it as well but on the old form which I am using there is no form for the sponsor to sign and date. So since I am using the old form should I attach the pages from the new form and sign them (I am the sponsor). Is this a new requirement?

thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 3:13 pm

ivetalopes wrote:HI just about to submit the application tomorrow but have a a quick question.

I am filling in the EEA 4 form which is older version. ON the new EEA PR form there is a form asking for the sponsor to sign it and date it as well but on the old form which I am using there is no form for the sponsor to sign and date. So since I am using the old form should I attach the pages from the new form and sign them (I am the sponsor). Is this a new requirement?

thanks
It is almost certainly a domestic UK overlay and upgrade to the UK's form.

You could play it either way.
As you know, the latest form is not mandatory & you could even go commando and apply by letter.

Alternately, if you think it will save unnecessary followups and makes your application more complete, you could include that Declaration page.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun May 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Also I have been running an LTD company for the last 2 years so I am the director. I do receive all my personal and business bank statements in the post and have all of them (month by month) apart from 2. I seem to have lost 2 statements. So I have about 24 monthly statements from my business account and 22 from personal account. I can call bank of course and request them to send them but that will take 5 business days and I need to submit application by Tuesday next week. Do you think it is a big problem if i am missing 2 statements? On the supporting documents page says submit bank statements but doesn't say for every single month...they might just want a few for each year?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 4:02 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Also I have been running an LTD company for the last 2 years so I am the director. I do receive all my personal and business bank statements in the post and have all of them (month by month) apart from 2. I seem to have lost 2 statements. So I have about 24 monthly statements from my business account and 22 from personal account. I can call bank of course and request them to send them but that will take 5 business days and I need to submit application by Tuesday next week. Do you think it is a big problem if i am missing 2 statements? On the supporting documents page says submit bank statements but doesn't say for every single month...they might just want a few for each year?
You can send a sample selection of statements from each year, (along with everything else: tax docs, etc etc), so 2 random missing statements won't be a showstopper.

Edit: See Appendix B of the PR guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun May 08, 2016 4:05 pm

That's great :) I was beginning to panic thank you very much for your replies today. You have helped me a lot.

Final question :

In the event we get refused....how long do we have to appeal and can they deport my husband in the meantime while preparing appeal. I really worry because he finally found a stable permanent job and the last thing I want is for him to loose it.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 4:31 pm

ivetalopes wrote:That's great :) I was beginning to panic thank you very much for your replies today. You have helped me a lot.

Final question :

In the event we get refused....how long do we have to appeal and can they deport my husband in the meantime while preparing appeal. I really worry because he finally found a stable permanent job and the last thing I want is for him to loose it.

Thanks
You have to be really really naughty to face deportation (& then actually be deported) if on the EU migration route.
Even administrative removal appears to be applied relatively sparingly and within strict guidelines.
Don't worry too much about all that.

Not sure on appeal timelines - suggest dig around in the EEA sub-forum.

Kauffman Andre
Newly Registered

Post by Kauffman Andre » Mon May 09, 2016 9:10 am

Good morning. Hope you all are well

I am a Italian Citizen living and working as a self employed in UK since 2006.

In February 2016, I did apply for my baby daughter British passport as she was born in 2014.
Her passport was granted because I did prove I was exercising treaty rights for the last 5 continuous years.

Now, I want to apply for my Permanent Residence

As I already proved my exercising treaty rights in order to get my daughter british passport, Do I need to provide all over again or is there any other way to do so ?

Could you clarify this matter for me please....?

I am i bit confused about this.

I really appreciate your help

Kind regards

Andre Kauffman

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 09, 2016 10:52 am

Please don't post in multiple places. Your question has been answered in its own thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.