ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query pls - FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Urgent query pls - FLR (M)

Post by alialee2015 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:21 am

Hi all

Hope you are well and can help me with an urgent query.

[*]I have got my ILR through Long Residency in January 2016 (was on tier 2 general).
[*]I got married in September last year in the UK and my wife became my dependent from October onwards (switched from Tier 4 – general to Tier 2 General dependent).

Now I have booked a PEO appointment next week for my wife’s switch again to become my dependent and using FLR-M, I have two questions that I desperately need help with please.

1) Based on the above situation, what shall I select to answer the questions 2.2 and 2.3 on page 11 of the application form (version 11/ 2015)?

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
Yes/ No

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are
choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

2) We only started living together since September last year after we got married, so we don’t have any documents to show prior to that time. On page 62 of the application form, it says;

If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

We lived in two separate addresses with relatives, but the relatives won’t provide us letters as things currently not really working out with them and I am not in a situation to ask them for a letter. But have bank statements showing previous addresses that cover past two years. Please suggest what we shall do.

Many thanks for your time and I really look forward to your advice on the above queries.

Thanks
Ali

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent query pls - FLR (M)

Post by alialee2015 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Would greatly appreciate some advice on the above queries please, thanks

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Post by alialee2015 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Anyone who can suggest me on my queries please? I am getting more worried as I see more applications being refused - I just want to make sure that we don't get into trouble for any small mistake - moreover our marriage timeline of only 6 months now making me a bit worried as we cant show anything regarding relationship beyond this timeline as we had an arranged marriage so some facebook chats and stuff (which we submitted during Tier 2 General dependent application), we can provide strong evidence post marriage but nothing prior to cover 2 years time.

It'd be lifesaving if someone can shed some light for us please.

Many thanks

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Post by NomiKaay » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 am

alialee2015 wrote:Hi all

Hope you are well and can help me with an urgent query.

[*]I have got my ILR through Long Residency in January 2016 (was on tier 2 general).
[*]I got married in September last year in the UK and my wife became my dependent from October onwards (switched from Tier 4 – general to Tier 2 General dependent).

Now I have booked a PEO appointment next week for my wife’s switch again to become my dependent and using FLR-M, I have two questions that I desperately need help with please.

1) Based on the above situation, what shall I select to answer the questions 2.2 and 2.3 on page 11 of the application form (version 11/ 2015)?

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
Yes/ No
This would be 'Yes' based on the fact that this Q is being asked in FLR M form which, by your account, is a category you have never utilised before.

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are
choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

First period of leave as this is the 1st instance of you using this category.

a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

2) We only started living together since September last year after we got married, so we don’t have any documents to show prior to that time. On page 62 of the application form, it says;

If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

We lived in two separate addresses with relatives, but the relatives won’t provide us letters as things currently not really working out with them and I am not in a situation to ask them for a letter. But have bank statements showing previous addresses that cover past two years. Please suggest what we shall do.

Hopefully some of the more experienced members here would be care to comment on this.

Many thanks for your time and I really look forward to your advice on the above queries.

Thanks
Ali

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Post by alialee2015 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:23 am

Hi NomiKaay

Thanks a lot for your time and advice, really appreciated.

Regards
Ali