ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Resident for EEA Nationals - Refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aliusmanbilal
Newly Registered

Permanent Resident for EEA Nationals - Refusal

Post by aliusmanbilal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi There,

I had applied for the Permanent Residence Six month ago and i have received Refusal Letter from Home Office today,

But the Home office refused my application because i didn't provide the " COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANCE"

Which i don't have because i have no idea about this insurance, i filled in application Form the self sufficient during the period of my wife didn't work.

I am living with my family since September 2010 and i have two kids ( 6 and 8 years old) and my wife and both sons have Dutch Nationality and I am NON EEA Family members,

I had five year dependent Visa as EEA Family Members, which is expired in Feb 2016,

I am very upset about my refusal,

In start my wife work nearly 2 years and after that she stop working and i started work full time and supporting my family and my wife again start part time work in Feb 2015 till now.

I am really upset because many solicitors advised to apply again for 5 year visa as EEA Family Members, and after completing this 5 years you have to apply again for permanent Residence,

So that mean i will get my Permanent Residence after 10 years?

Please anyone assist and advise me in regard to my above enquiry,

I will really highly appreciate the prompt response and advise,

Kind Regards,

Gimmy

Obie
Ireland

Re: Permanent Resident for EEA Nationals - Refusal

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:17 pm

The Solicitor ought to have noticed this before the application.

So why did you wife cease working? was it for maternity purpose?

He is incompetent if now is the time he is telling you to apply for a residence card. ]

If he thought the prospect of success was limited, why did he advise you to apply?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

aliusmanbilal
Newly Registered

Post by aliusmanbilal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:12 pm

thanks

I discussed with solicitors after my refusal, i filed my application by my own, she can't work because i have two small kids and she was not feeling well as well

Can i do the appeal?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:18 am

aliusmanbilal wrote:thanks

I discussed with solicitors after my refusal, i filed my application by my own, she can't work because i have two small kids and she was not feeling well as well

Can i do the appeal?
You most certainly can. A person under maternity or unwell is considered as a worker under EU law, depending on the case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors