ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application without original docs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nhv
Newly Registered

MN1 application without original docs

Post by Nhv » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:09 am

Hi
Need urgent help
I am planning to register my 2 months old child as british citizen using MN1 (section 1 (3)) before 18th march 2016. I called the UKVI customer care and they are saying parents passports and BRPs should be submitted along with the application if not use NCS, but I am unable to get any appointment with NCS before 18th. Can anyone confirm if they had a successful application, by sending only the photocopies.

Can u please help me with this asap. Appreciate your help.

eawan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 application without original docs

Post by eawan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Nhv wrote:Hi
Need urgent help
I am planning to register my 2 months old child as british citizen using MN1 (section 1 (3)) before 18th march 2016. I called the UKVI customer care and they are saying parents passports and BRPs should be submitted along with the application if not use NCS, but I am unable to get any appointment with NCS before 18th. Can anyone confirm if they had a successful application, by sending only the photocopies.

Yes my friend got the certificate for his kids .. He only sent copies....

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 am

Nhv wrote:Hi
Need urgent help

I applied for my son by post and with photocopies of documents. It's over 5 months now and his application is still pending. I'm not sure whether this is the reason for his application on hold or some thing else.
I'm now thinking that I've made a mistake by not using Nationality checking services.I had the issue with the appointment and to save time, I applied through post but time has proved that I was wrong.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:26 pm

Rizcon wrote:
I applied for my son by post and with photocopies of documents. It's over 5 months now and his application is still pending. I'm not sure whether this is the reason for his application on hold or some thing else.
I'm now thinking that I've made a mistake by not using Nationality checking services.I had the issue with the appointment and to save time, I applied through post but time has proved that I was wrong.
Update:

I got a letter by UKBA to send the Birth certificate of the child with both parents name on it.
Silly me, I didn't read the instructions carefully at the time of sending the application form and just sent the birth certificate which has only child's details as I thought that they are just asking for it.

The letter says that after receiving the birth certificate, they will start the process, but at the back of letter, they printed the details of child which gonna appear on his registration certificate and asking us to check them.

Any member who experienced the same problem or being asked to send more documents?

In my opinion, HO already decided the case and just waiting for the birth certificate with both parents name on it, but don't want to live in fool's paradise by assuming that soon I will receive the child's certificate.

Waiting for the members opinion how they see this letter keeping in view that it's already more than 5 months my child's MN1 application is in pending?