ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I-130 From UK, Please Help.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ykemal
Newly Registered

Post by ykemal » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:44 am

Hi,

I am a Turkish citizen, and my spouse is US citizen. We got married in Turkey, and we have been married for two and half years.

We were planing to apply I-130 in Turkey, but recently I got an job offer from a software company in London, and so we will relocate and work to London in February.

My question is; can we apply for I-130 from London, after we relocate there?

Thanks...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:47 am

See also Consular Offices Abroad Resume Accepting I-130 Immigrant Visa Petitions and Immediate Relative Category
Consular Offices Abroad Resume Accepting I-130 Immigrant Visa Petitions wrote:To demonstrate residency in a consular district, American Citizen petitioners must be able to show that they have permission to reside in the consular district and that they have been doing so continuously for at least six months before filing the petition. Individuals who are in the country on a temporary status, such as student or tourist, would not be considered to meet the residency standard.
Last edited by vinny on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ykemal
Newly Registered

Post by ykemal » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks for the information,

Actually,
I am asking the question for me, not for my petitioner.

I know that my petitioner can apply for I-130 in UK but I am not a UK citizen. I am a Turkish citizen and we will be permamently in UK for long years. We have work and stay permit, so we both have permission to reside in UK.

Because of being Turkish citizen, can my petitioner apply I-130 for me in UK?

Thanks again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 am

Consular Offices Abroad Resume Accepting I-130 Immigrant Visa Petitions wrote:To demonstrate residency in a consular district, American Citizen petitioners must be able to show that they have permission to reside in the consular district and that they have been doing so continuously for at least six months before filing the petition. Individuals who are in the country on a temporary status, such as student or tourist, would not be considered to meet the residency standard.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ykemal
Newly Registered

Post by ykemal » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi,

I am writing this to confirm what i understand from all of this;

My spouse (US Citizen), can apply for I-130 for me if she has permission to reside in the UK. (thats okey for us.)

On the other side, even if I am not a UK citizen, since I have also permission to reside in UK, I can apply for immigration to US, after living in UK for a while.

Am I right?

Thanks for your replies.

joelsut
Newly Registered

Post by joelsut » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Yes, she can apply fo you in the UK, regardless where you are from. What vinny is trying to say is that your wife would have to b legally resident in the UK for atleast 6 months before applying there. Another option, which I have donefor my wife. I am from USA, wife is Polish, but we live in Ireland. I applied using my Irish address, but since I'm not resident in Ireland 6 months yet, had to send application to office in the USA. So if you want to apply straight away you will have to sned the application to the USA, after 6 months in UK you may apply at the embassy in London.