ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on BRP card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijayj

Help on BRP card

Post by vijayj » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:11 pm

I am on Tier2 visa and my wife recently got tier2 visa from India (previously on Tier2 dependent visa).
Her visa is valid from 22nd March and she will come to UK on 24th March and asper her visa approval letter she will get her BRP from 29th March from post office.
So my question is
1. Is BRP only available from 29th March or it is available already?
2. If I want to apply dependent visa for myself in UK, Do I have to wait until she start her work(starting date is 29th March)? Or I can apply ASAP after her Entry clearance on 24th March?
3. Is accommodation agreement is mandatory? As we are in UK from last couple of years.
I was thinking to apply in premium service on 29th after bank holiday.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help on BRP card

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:28 pm

1. From 29th March as the letter says.

2. Once she arrives, but as you are planning to apply on or after 29th, do that if easier.

3. Not sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Help on BRP card

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:35 pm

1. Most likely, it will be available from 29th Mar. However, you can try your luck and visit the PO earlier to see if has arrived.

2. You can apply earlier but you will need a copy of her BRP along with the application submission.

3. It's not a mandatory document.