ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years route for ILR dependent - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pal1990
Newly Registered

2 years route for ILR dependent - Urgent

Post by Pal1990 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi everyone!

Can some one please explain me how does this two years route works for ILR for dependent?

I entered in Uk on Tier1(General) Dependent visa and after that I got extension as a Spouse/Partner of ILR on 17/10/2012. So do I need to apply for ILR on two years route or five years route?

Please advice me quickly. It's really very urgent.

Thanks in advance

dk2011

Re: 2 years route for ILR dependent - Urgent

Post by dk2011 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:30 pm

If your VISA was issued after 9th July 2012 then you need to wait for 5 years .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 pm

dk2011, that may not be the case. If the OP switched in the UK to FLR(M) from PBS dep (issued before July 2012) then they will have transitional protection and thus can apply now for SET(M) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) assuming they have spent 2 years in the UK as a spouse/civil partner or akin.

B1 English and LIUK test required for SET(M).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:38 pm

If you are dependent in any category before July 2012 the this all period as dependent will count toward 2 years .
I will explain u my time line and you will under stand
Enter uk dependent student 2006
Change to psw dependent 2012
Hubby got ILR dec 2013
Got ILR of settled person 2014(myself)

Also this is explain by homeoffice as my mail reply I am attaching it.

Email I'd

FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Sent: 14 December 2013 20:31
To: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox; Public Enquiries (CD)
Subject: ILR QUERY

Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

my spouse (the Main applicant) got ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and I had a Tier 1 dependent (PSW) status up till end of FEB, 2014 .I got tier 1 migrant dependent visa(as written on approval letter) on 27 feb 2012.Now
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for FLR (M) visa as I came very first time as student dependent in UK in SEP 2006 and then convert to tier 1 dependent on 27 feb 2012 ?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can I apply for ILR immediately as I already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

Pal1990 wrote:Hi everyone!

Can some one please explain me how does this two years route works for ILR for dependent?

I entered in Uk on Tier1(General) Dependent visa and after that I got extension as a Spouse/Partner of ILR on 17/10/2012. So do I need to apply for ILR on two years route or five years route?

Please advice me quickly. It's really very urgent.

Thanks in advance
ss

Pal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Pal1990 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who has replied me. I really appreciate it and it really help me.

Thanks once again.

I have appointment for my visa on 13th at 11 am in Croydon. I'll update result here.

Thanks

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Amber_ wrote:dk2011, that may not be the case. If the OP switched in the UK to FLR(M) from PBS dep (issued before July 2012) then they will have transitional protection and thus can apply now for SET(M) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) assuming they have spent 2 years in the UK as a spouse/civil partner or akin.

B1 English and LIUK test required for SET(M).
Thanks Amber.

hadded15
Newly Registered

Post by hadded15 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:56 am

Hi, plz help me i really need it urgent....my situation,
Came as student dependent in Dec 2007
switched to PSW dependent for two years
then got Tier 1 dependent visa and completed 5 years now...
my husband got 10 year long residency last year....now

can i direct use Set M form without switching to Flr M form....

i hv to apply after 15 Jan....can anyone response quick plz

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:46 am

As per the rule you have to switch to FLR-M .However if you can search post you can see that many people have been successful without switching to FLR-M.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:01 pm

That was before the rule changes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Habibullah
Newly Registered

Post by Habibullah » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi, any updates?
Thanks