ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jumanufer

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by jumanufer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:54 pm

llvlludi wrote:Dear Members,

I am new on this forum, would like to get help with your experience.

I have applied for the citizenship on 5 year residence Base, my documents were submitted on 18th of Feb 2016. I just received a letter today 15th March 2016. My letter reads as..

I am directed by minister to acknowledge the receipt.
please submit 2 coloured passport size photo. ( I have already sent photos with my application, I wonder why they ask for them again)
important note: your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation until a further examination takes place

can any one let me know, if I have entered first stage yet?

First stage yes but not second. They might have lost the photos. Send them ASAP to avoid delaying it

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:20 pm

jumanufer wrote:
green2016 wrote:Hi

Did anyone receive a letter for April ceremony ?

Thank you
my wife got approval by January 19th, paid on same day and back the letter. she has not received the letter for the ceremony yet. with a guy we know (day more day less) same story. I am sure we will hear anytime between this week and next one.
well i know some one who got approval mid Feb but no ceremony letter and last year i know my wife's friends (EU citizen) got all done in about 3 month i do remember that she came with cake when she got approval letter in last week of November and then just two weeks before ceremony in Dec2015 she got the ceremony letter.
That was the quickest ever application that i witnessed , i helped her filling the case !

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Hello guys..i applied last year in 2015july 5years on eufam base with help of solicitor and when ever i emailed them always got reply that ur case on process while it is not possible to say exact time frame. . My visa was finished dec2015 nd i renewed feb nd sent them feb second week.
I just wonder if they need any documents from me then they will write to me or to my solicitor? I never heared from my solicitor so far anything and i don't think he care anymore..
I rang the INIS and they said ask ur solicitor to write us a letter if u want to know in detail ur case process nd i am not allow to ask them or they will be not tell me in detail bcoz i applied through solicitor . ..
Sould i write them a letter that if they may need or they waiting for any documents from me ( might they have asked my solicitor nd he never told me as i said he dont relly caring )
Or they(INIS) will write me a letter too for missing any documents if any. .but i already got the second stage letter last year...
Any suggestion guys please. .thanks

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 pm

dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys..i applied last year in 2015july 5years on eufam base with help of solicitor and when ever i emailed them always got reply that ur case on process while it is not possible to say exact time frame. . My visa was finished dec2015 nd i renewed feb nd sent them feb second week.
I just wonder if they need any documents from me then they will write to me or to my solicitor? I never heared from my solicitor so far anything and i don't think he care anymore..
I rang the INIS and they said ask ur solicitor to write us a letter if u want to know in detail ur case process nd i am not allow to ask them or they will be not tell me in detail bcoz i applied through solicitor . ..
Sould i write them a letter that if they may need or they waiting for any documents from me ( might they have asked my solicitor nd he never told me as i said he dont relly caring )
Or they(INIS) will write me a letter too for missing any documents if any. .but i already got the second stage letter last year...
Dhruv87 I can understand your frustration as ceremony date is getting close and you haven't receive any approval , to be very honest if you keep asking them it doesn't speed up the process is they ask/need something they will reply you that correspondence have been forward to your solicitor otherwise if they say it's still under process they are just examining your application, you will get approval sooner or later just be patience you are getting there slowly but surely

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 pm

jumanufer wrote:

I have applied for the citizenship on 5 year residence Base, my documents were submitted on 18th of Feb 2016. I just received a letter today 15th March 2016. My letter reads as..

please submit 2 coloured passport size photo. ( I have already sent photos with my application, I wonder why they ask for them again)
important note: your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation until a further examination takes place

First stage yes but not second. They might have lost the photos. Send them ASAP to avoid delaying it
hI Jumanufer,

Thank for your prompt reply, I have mailed them my photos today. But just realized now that instead of using P.O Box address, i sent documents on letter haed address. Although i have sent a copy of my letter along.

What do you think, will there be any problem?
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:11 pm

llvlludi wrote:
jumanufer wrote:

hI Jumanufer,

Thank for your prompt reply, I have mailed them my photos today. But just realized now that instead of using P.O Box address, i sent documents on letter haed address. Although i have sent a copy of my letter along.

What do you think, will there be any problem?

It might still be ok
If I were you I would give them a call after a couple of days to confirm they have it and they are happy

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 am

Waisoo wrote:
dhruv87 wrote:Hello guys..i applied last year in 2015july 5years on eufam base with help of solicitor and when ever i emailed them always got reply that ur case on process while it is not possible to say exact time frame. . My visa was finished dec2015 nd i renewed feb nd sent them feb second week.
Dhruv87 I can understand your frustration as ceremony date is getting close and you haven't receive any approval , to be very honest if you keep asking them it doesn't speed up the process is they ask/need something they will reply you that correspondence have been forward to your solicitor otherwise if they say it's still under process they are just examining your application, you will get approval sooner or later just be patience you are getting there slowly but surely

Thanks waisoo..so stressed nd frustrated bro really. .
Hopefully i will getapproval sooner i wish....
Anyway good luck 2u bro nd to all who is waiting. .

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:22 am

So sorry guys I've not been active and contributing here lately. I'm presently out of the country due to very urgent family matters. I shall be back here in full in the next couple of weeks. Again, thanks to you all for your warm messages and I wish everyone still waiting good luck.

britalian
Newly Registered

Post by britalian » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:53 am

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi all,
I contacted the office by email this morning to ask about an invitation letter for April Ceremony as I have not received anything yet since my approval letter on 28th January 2016. I sent my payment fee and GNIB Card on the same day and they received these so everything is in place. I was told then I would receive letter for ceremony in the coming weeks.
They emailed me back later today and said the invitation letters would be sent out in the coming weeks , so guess we have to wait and see.

May I ask which address you have contacted? I wrote to the home office about 4 times and I never got any reply, I have a similar delay as you in receiving the ceremony invitation .

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:14 pm

@kingdoman .Welcome back hope you had a pleasant trip :lol:

Since the last time lady told me my file is with the Minister, I haven't got any update .How long does file stays with the Minister? Any experienced is highly welcomed. Thanks mates :)

dublinNorth29
Newly Registered

Post by dublinNorth29 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi All,

I received my approval in Jan but I haven received an invitation for the April ceremony.

They said I would be invited but nothing yet..

Anybody have the same?

Thanks in advance,

Dn

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:10 pm

dublinNorth29 wrote:Hi All,

I received my approval in Jan but I haven received an invitation for the April ceremony.

They said I would be invited but nothing yet..

Anybody have the same?

Thanks in advance,

Dn

My wife same and a guy we know also the same. I would expect the letters to be sent next week but since Easter is coming ...

As soon as we got it I will put it on here

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Re: EU Citizen Applying Irish Citizenship

Post by Isobrinho » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:51 pm

[quote="Isobrinho"]applied on 4th Jan 2016
(required additional documents)17th jan sent documents , 1st Feb 2016 i recived this letter!!!
Dear XXXXX,
i am direct by the minister for justice and equality to refer to your application for naturalization.
i acknowledge your correspondence received in this office and any document enclose.
please any one know if this letter is the 2nd stage or just acknowlendge.
thanks

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Isobrinho wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:applied on 4th Jan 2016
(required additional documents)17th jan sent documents , 1st Feb 2016 i recived this letter!!!
Dear XXXXX,
i am direct by the minister for justice and equality to refer to your application for naturalization.
i acknowledge your correspondence received in this office and any document enclose.
thanks

Well, I am not sure if this is second Stage.
My wife got the letter last week which clearly say's the application in in second stage..

I am directed by minister for justice and equality to refer to your application for naturalization.i acknowledge your correspondence received in this office.
Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of the processing. Your case will be submitted to the Minister for decision.......

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:52 pm

SouthDubliner1 Thank so munch on mine they dint say second stage!!! When did you apply?

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Isobrinho wrote:SouthDubliner1 Thank so munch on mine they dint say second stage!!! When did your wife apply?

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Isobrinho wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:SouthDubliner1 Thank so munch on mine they dint say second stage!!! When did your wife apply?
well we applied in application received by INIS on Jan 29
EU citizen , 5yrs residency
well as i heard for EU it is straight forward and that is the reason it took just few weeks , we were asked for some additional document in mid feb which was submitted straight away.
Not sure when we get approval ? i wish and hope she could be in this ceremony so i can apply on based of Irish spouse straight away if not i will be eligible based on my 5 yrs residency in July.
but my concern is the minor traffic offence (not convicted) but fined 60 euro for no tax on my car , it was just because the garda was just dearly beloved , its a long story and i am concern as it may delay my case even though i am also accepted by Garda Reserve force just waiting for my Training ? and have over 50 Certificates for working with numerous charity organisation as a volunteer and currently working as Technologist in one of the biggest IT company in this country and honestly speaking working 14 hour (extra 4 to 5 hours daily) to bring new technology in Ireland which will bring few hundred Jobs and i will be representing Ireland in many forums and i desperately need to be citizen by the end of this year !! really i am just sick of some Gards because of their dearly beloved act i am in bad books despite of living here for over 12 years

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:10 pm

I applying based on 3 years married with a Irish citizenship so now just have to waiting ! You will be fine once you paid the fine good luck to us

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Isobrinho wrote:I applying based on 3 years married with a Irish citizenship so now just have to waiting ! You will be fine once you paid the fine good luck to us
When did you applied ?
Well hopefully it will be fine ,I knew by working with some of the public service people how they look at application , had a friend CEO of a company 150 people working applied for citizenship based on his point and because he was from particular country it took 2 years applied in 2014 beginning and finally got it last ceremony
He was frustrated and went to minister and spoke that he will close his operation and within a week got his approval and apology from minister

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:08 pm

I applying 4th January them I recieved a letter on 19th of January ask for some documents I send it 1 week later, so I recieved other letter 1st February say they recived all documents enclosed!!!! So now I wating for the second stage letter!!!

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Isobrinho wrote:
Dear XXXXX,
thanks

for what you put, this is first letter / stage.

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:06 pm

jumanufer wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:
Dear XXXXX,

for what you put, this is first letter / stage.

Sorry I just want to know what stage was! I will delete it

james101958
Ireland

Post by james101958 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi every can anyone answer especially kingdam man.actually I have stamp 4 eufam and my wife get Irish passport anyone tell me when I apply naturalisation after 5 year eufam or after 3 year Irish spouse. Please answer me thanks

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:47 pm

james101958 wrote:Hi every can anyone answer especially kingdam man.actually I have stamp 4 eufam and my wife get Irish passport anyone tell me when I apply naturalization after 5 year eufam or after 3 year Irish spouse. Please answer me thanks
Hi James, Well i am at the same boat as you , so once your wife get's Irish Citizenship and your are married for 3 years and living together. then you can apply even the next day when your wife gets the Irish passport.
well my wife is here in Ireland for last 6 years and i am married 5 years but my 5 Years residency for citizenship will complete in the last week of July.
But, if she gets her Irish Passport in Next ceremony (April) so i can apply in May (until she gets her passport), i can save 2 to 3 months.
NOTE: you don't have to change your Stamp from stamp4 EuFam to Normal Stamp 4 , which is really a good thing specially if you are travelling with your wife in Europe you don't need any visa.

Good Luck

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:56 am

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:
Dear XXXXX,
thanks

Well, I am not sure if this is second Stage.
My wife got the letter last week which clearly say's the application in in second stage..

I am directed by minister for justice and equality to refer to your application for naturalization.i acknowledge your correspondence received in this office.
Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of the processing. Your case will be submitted to the Minister for decision.......

Southdubliner i got the same letter that it has proceeded to the second stage. Applied second week of january 2016. And it took me 11 days to get that letter from the INIS. Im applying based on being married to irish national. And im a non eu. Hope the approval starts rolling after the april ceremony.