ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tayyabbilal

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by tayyabbilal » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:53 pm

nel974 wrote:
zico wrote:
tayyabbilal wrote:Hello anyone can suggest me any good lawyer/barrister in eea application it will be huge favour please tag me when you message or personal message me many thanks in advance :)
Hello!
Why should you have to spend your money for the lawyer? You can fill the application by yourself. Anyway if you really need a lawyer, expect to spend between 800 to 1000 pounds. You can find some of them by searching "immigration lawyers " online.
I am EU family member and my lawyer took 1500 plus VAT few days back I asked her to tell me if she received my COA, she didn't reply, after few days I asked her again and she replied stop asking me same question again, If she gets something she will post it to me. Good luck with finding good solicitor. I could fill the form myself but then took one and seeing her application, I think I could do better. she made mistakes in covering letter which I corrected, application I couldn't check and there are few mistakes in that too but thanks God they are not serious ones.
Thank you guys for your comments well I won my appeal 31 October will be 7 months soon I didn't have my passport back don't know what HO Doing.....

Lawyer I asked for my friend basically his Retained to application is refused and he apply for appeal
but first tribunal didn't accept his appeal because he didn't receive notice of decision he only received reason of refusal and judge said without the relevant immigration decision your appeal cant be listed and he ask Home office to provide with Notice decision but they are saying we don't give Notice of decision in eea cases we send you appeal form with that you must be able to appeal he send that letter to tribunal but they refuse to accept now he's stuck for this reason he need Lawyer or Barrister to be honest he went to 2.3 people every say different things which makes him more confuse mostly people said they should provide notice of decision.

any help will be appreciated.

tayyabbilal

Post by tayyabbilal » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Thank you guys for your comments well I won my appeal 31 October will be 7 months soon I didn't have my passport back don't know what HO Doing.....

Lawyer I asked for my friend basically his Retained to application is refused and he apply for appeal
but first tribunal didn't accept his appeal because he didn't receive notice of decision he only received reason of refusal and judge said without the relevant immigration decision your appeal cant be listed and he ask Home office to provide with Notice decision but they are saying we don't give Notice of decision in eea cases we send you appeal form with that you must be able to appeal he send that letter to tribunal but they refuse to accept now hes stuck for this reason he need Lawyer or Barrister to be honest he went to 2.3 people every say different things which makes him more confuse mostly people said they should provide notice of decision.

any help will be appreaciated.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:03 pm

They received my application on 08.03, but still no sign of payment taken :( Getting a bit worried now. :roll: I saw that it typically takes up to 3 days. I'll give it a few more days, but I'm not sure what I should do if they still fail to take the payment...

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:24 pm

ohara wrote:
Stefan7 wrote:Hello
I requested the HO to return my ID card. How many days does it normally takes to send it back? I applied for it filling the form on their website. Is that reliable?
I used the online form and I got my passport back in 4 working days
tayyabbilal wrote:Hello anyone can suggest me any good lawyer/barrister in eea application it will be huge favour please tag me when you message or personal message me many thanks in advance :)
What exactly do you need help with? Application for PR card/document is very simple, but there are of course solicitors who will charge you £1000 to help with it if that's your thing :?se]

Thank you for your reply. Do I receive a confirmation email about sending my documents back or they just send them?

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Post by mr twelvetrees » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:27 pm

salmintin wrote:They received my application on 08.03, but still no sign of payment taken :( Getting a bit worried now. :roll: I saw that it typically takes up to 3 days. I'll give it a few more days, but I'm not sure what I should do if they still fail to take the payment...
Same here, well almost, they received it on 09.03 early morning, paying with credit card but there is no sign of it on my balance yet. Perhaps they're getting busy, anyway it's good to know I'm not alone. :roll:

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Post by mr twelvetrees » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:12 am

mr twelvetrees wrote:
salmintin wrote:They received my application on 08.03, but still no sign of payment taken :( Getting a bit worried now. :roll: I saw that it typically takes up to 3 days. I'll give it a few more days, but I'm not sure what I should do if they still fail to take the payment...
Same here, well almost, they received it on 09.03 early morning, paying with credit card but there is no sign of it on my balance yet. Perhaps they're getting busy, anyway it's good to know I'm not alone. :roll:
Just appeared on my statement, money taken on 12.03 (Saturday :shock: ) Yours should be cleared as well soon if not happened already.

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello
I sent my application in February to the HO, they received it on the 24th, payment appeared on my bank statement on the 1st of March. So far I didn't received any confirmation about the process. After 10 days I requested my documents back but still no sign of that neither. I know it's only 6 working days since I sent the request but shouldn't I receive something already?
I am an EEA8 citizen.

ze_vant
Newly Registered

Post by ze_vant » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:47 pm

I sent my application on the 22nd of February, paid by cheque, payment taken on the 1st of March.I don't need the PR card urgently but it would be good to know what's happening.
Thank you
Hi Stefan7,

I applied on the 23/02/2016 and have only received a confirmation email today, 15/03/2016 so I'm assuming your confirmation should be sent shortly as well :)

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:49 pm

ze_vant wrote:
I sent my application on the 22nd of February, paid by cheque, payment taken on the 1st of March.I don't need the PR card urgently but it would be good to know what's happening.
Thank you
Hi Stefan7,

I applied on the 23/02/2016 and have only received a confirmation email today, 15/03/2016 so I'm assuming your confirmation should be sent shortly as well :)
Thank you for your reply. I requested my documents back too, I hope they will send them shortly. :)

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:12 pm

I am EU citizen 35 day wating

aliusmanbilal
Newly Registered

Permanent Resident for EEA Nationals - Refusal

Post by aliusmanbilal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi There,

I had applied for the Permanent Residence Six month ago and i have received Refusal Letter from Home Office today,

But the Home office refused my application because i didn't provide the " COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANCE"

Which i don't have because i have no idea about this insurance, i filled in application Form the self sufficient during the period of my wife didn't work.

I am living with my family since September 2010 and i have two kids ( 6 and 8 years old) and my wife and both sons have Dutch Nationality and I am NON EEA Family members,

I had five year dependent Visa as EEA Family Members, which is expired in Feb 2016,

I am very upset about my refusal,

In start my wife work nearly 2 years and after that she stop working and i started work full time and supporting my family and my wife again start part time work in Feb 2015 till now.

I am really upset because many solicitors advised to apply again for 5 year visa as EEA Family Members, and after completing this 5 years you have to apply again for permanent Residence,

So that mean i will get my Permanent Residence after 10 years?

Please anyone assist and advise me in regard to my above enquiry,

I will really highly appreciate the prompt response and advise,

Kind Regards,

Gimmy

Bonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Bonfire » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi,
documents sent to HO on 01.03.2016, received on 02.03.2016 - tracked, now day 13 since receiving, no sign of payment taken yet (credit card) - :( I guess I am starting to be worried, everybody seems to have had the payment taken within one week after HO received the documents - not necessarily a rule, but... :? . All have a great evening, Bonfire

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:59 pm

hello pls how long EU citizen? pr application ?

tayyabbilal

Re: Permanent Resident for EEA Nationals - Refusal

Post by tayyabbilal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

CSI is not only for students ? If your are working full time you don't need Comprehensive sickness insurance

quote="aliusmanbilal"]Hi There,

I had applied for the Permanent Residence Six month ago and i have received Refusal Letter from Home Office today,

But the Home office refused my application because i didn't provide the " COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANCE"

Which i don't have because i have no idea about this insurance, i filled in application Form the self sufficient during the period of my wife didn't work.

I am living with my family since September 2010 and i have two kids ( 6 and 8 years old) and my wife and both sons have Dutch Nationality and I am NON EEA Family members,

I had five year dependent Visa as EEA Family Members, which is expired in Feb 2016,

In start my wife work nearly 2 years and after that she stop working and i started work full time and supporting my family and my wife again start part time work in Feb 2015 till now.

I am really upset because many solicitors advised to apply again for 5 year visa as EEA Family Members, and after completing this 5 years you have to apply again for permanent Residence,

Kind Regards,

Gimmy[/quote]

aliusmanbilal
Newly Registered

Post by aliusmanbilal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 pm

boss, i didn't get that, what do u mean, i am family member of EEA and my wife is dutch national and she didn't work 2.5 year, so i showed self sufficient, but have no idea about CSI,

i applied my case without CSI

So, HO refused

Please assist

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:44 am

tayyabbilal wrote:CSI is not only for students ? If your are working full time you don't need Comprehensive sickness insurance

Kind Regards,

Gimmy
[/quote]

I think that is wrong that you waited 6 months for refusal but in a way they have the rights to refuse you because it is clearlt stated that the eea national should have been exercising treaty without interruption in 5 years to have Permanent residence but if your wife have csi or atleast in a job seeker allowance would be better. But its hard because you supported her and i understand that.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:59 am

You must have comprehensive sickness insurance if you are a student or self-sufficient, otherwise it doesn't count as exercising treaty rights.

zico

Re: Permanent Resident for EEA Nationals - Refusal

Post by zico » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:54 am

tayyabbilal wrote:CSI is not only for students ? If your are working full time you don't need Comprehensive sickness insurance

Kind Regards,

Gimmy
[/quote]
The only way forward is to apply for EEA2 residence card.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:09 pm

how i know my application pr in good way? i am eu citizen

magdazdeb
Newly Registered

Post by magdazdeb » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:35 am

Can somebody answer my question please, early feb i applied for eea pr, payment gone after few days, today i get my documents + copies back, looks like only my ID is still missing, is it ok ?
I am a bit worried they sent copies back as well and lost my ID :)

Is it a normal procedure ?

Thank you,
Magda

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:56 am

My stuff all arrived in the same envelope :?

magdazdeb
Newly Registered

Post by magdazdeb » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:16 am

magdazdeb wrote:Can somebody answer my question please, early feb i applied for eea pr, payment gone after few days, today i get my documents + copies back, looks like only my ID is still missing, is it ok ?
I am a bit worried they sent copies back as well and lost my ID :)

Is it a normal procedure ?

Thank you,
Magda

I phoned them and they found my id and will post today, so this is sorted now :)

Does it mean i will get my permanent residence card shortly if i already received my documents back ?

As a EEU citizen do i need to do he bio-metric thing ? will i get a letter or only if i apply for nationality i need to do this please ?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:46 am

No need to enrol biometric information for EEA nationals applying for residence documentation.

Everyone must enrol biometric information when applying for citizenship regardless of current nationality.

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:22 am

I am European.
Here's my Timeline:

Documents sent: 24.02.016
Documents received: 25.02.2016
Payment taken: 29.02.2016
Confirmation email received: 14.03.2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: ?
DCPR received:?

This is my EC Treaty rights timeline:
Came in UK: Jan 2010
Started to work: Feb 2010
5 years EC Treaty rights: March 2015

I was waiting for March 2016 in order to apply for my BC but they changed the law the 12th of November 2015 which obliges me to have PR.

I have read some post were people said I don't need to wait 12 months after I receive my PR because I gained PR status after 5 years (March 2015). It means I can apply as soon as I receive my PR and as long as I can prove I gained PR status in march 2015. Some other people said Home office saves the date you gained PR status.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sponse.pdf
I can confirm that a person acquires permanent residence following 5 years’ residence in
accordance with the EEA Regulations, not on the date they obtain a residence card. The
date that they were deemed to have acquired permanent residence will be recorded on
UKVI’s database and so will be clear to the nationality caseworker. This means that a
person who has been resident in the UK for some time can send evidence that they were
resident in the UK for a 5 year period ending at least 12 months before they want to apply
for citizenship, and can then immediately apply for citizenship.
So my questions are:
How do find out which date UKIV wrote as "gained PR status"?
Is it risky to apply in this way?
Do I need to provide any extra document a part from the one already required for BC in order to apply?

Thanks
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:35 am

If you acquired PR in March 2015, you can apply for BC in March 2016 not a problem. It is completely irrelevant when your DCPR is issued, as long as you have one.

You can try phoning UKVI to ask what date they recorded for your PR once you have the card, but they might not tell you. The only other guaranteed ways to find out are:

1) Make a 'subject access request' under the data protection act, so UKVI are obliged to provide you with information they hold on you, which will include the PR date. It can take up to 40 days for them to reply though and it costs £10
2) Use NCS to submit your BC application as they will make a phone call during your appointment to find out the PR date. This is obviously a gamble if you are unsure of your PR date (for example if your economic timeline is complicated) and you will lose your NCS fee even if they don't end up submitting your application. It'll save you losing £1236 for a failed application though :)

The documents I submitted (well, that NCS photocopied and submitted) with my AN form are:

Passport
DCPR
Life in the UK certificate
English language certificate
4 years of P60's (to prove I was still resident since I acquired PR in 2012)