ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview letter not received and interview date passed.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azim11
Newly Registered

Interview letter not received and interview date passed.

Post by azim11 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:54 am

Hi members...
I applied on Feb 28 2015 for Naturalization. Received application confirmation on 07 March and fee was deducted on 09 March 2015. After a long wait, I wrote to HO for update and received reply in Oct 2015 that due to some clarificaton of immigration rules extra scrutiny is applied to some cases based on certain indicators in their immigration history and your case is one such case. We will try to make a decision in next 3 -6 months time. However we will inform you if we can not make decision in this time period. Please do not contact HO in this time. We will inform you of any updates.
I contacted my local MP this week to get a better update on my application and they got a shocking reply. HO said i was sent a letter for interview on Feb 23 and i have missed it. I mentioned i have not received any letter from HO, the MP office contacted HO and HO mentoned that they will try to contact the relevant department/office if the case can be re-opened and they will send a reply soon. Today MP office got info that HO will write in between 1 -2 weeks time on update/decision on this matter. We are really hoping that they send us another interview date.

Has anyone experienced such issue in the past and what is HO reply in such scenarios if a person has not receive communication from HO?

ilr2014test

Re: Interview letter not received and interview date passed.

Post by ilr2014test » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:28 am

Azim, How did you get your ILR? Tier 1 or long residency?

jimmy83
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy83 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:20 pm

How did you fulfill your language requirement ?

azim11
Newly Registered

Post by azim11 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:10 pm

I received ILR three years ago via spouse visa route and residing in the UK for more than 5 years now. Language requirements were satisfied via esol level 3 certificate.

azim11
Newly Registered

Post by azim11 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Any one experienced this isuue on this forum ?

azim11
Newly Registered

Post by azim11 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Just received a letter from Homeoffice today for refusal. stating that i was supposed to attend the interview but they have not received my reply. hence the application is refused.
Also they have mentioned the reconsideration process .

I need help from any one on this forum/senior members. Has any one experienced this issue before? and if so what should be the next step. I am thinking to apply for reconsideration as it is not my fault that i have not received any thing and i can't blame the HO as well as they mentioned that a letter was sent.

It seems a silly process, how do they verify if a person has received their communication?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Did your address change at all?

If you used a solicitor, did they not receive a letter and not tell you or did you maybe change solicitors during the process?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

azim11
Newly Registered

Post by azim11 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:21 pm

No the address was not changed at all. I am residing at same address all this time. No solicitor was involved in the case either.
The strange thing is i have received all other correspondance from HO(i.e.; application acklowlwdgement, enquiry response) except this one interview letter.