ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR QUERY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

ILR QUERY

Post by jayacpr » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 am

Hi everyone ,

i have an appoitment booked on march 24th , i have seen posts where they suggesting to use new form which will come out on 18th march ,
my consultant is making my file ready with old form i suppose .

is that OK ? or shd i use new form ?

adamsmith

Re: ILR QUERY

Post by adamsmith » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:46 am

jayacpr wrote:Hi everyone ,

i have an appoitment booked on march 24th , i have seen posts where they suggesting to use new form which will come out on 18th march ,
my consultant is making my file ready with old form i suppose .

is that OK ? or shd i use new form ?
I think you should use most up to date form at the time of your application as I have heard people got deferred just because they used older version of form.
Good Luck....

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 am

Thank you adam Smith ,

please casa , croo1 , other senior members could please confirm this please,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:57 am

You are paying your legal Consultant for his/her advice. :| However, although there is generally a transitional period when new forms are introduced, personally I wouldn't take the risk.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:31 am

hi thank you casa ,

i just found this info
Paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules allows applicants to make a valid application on an
old version of a form if the:
 form they used was permitted for the purpose being applied for
 form is the one in use immediately before the introduction of the current version of the
form
 application was made up to 21 days after the introduction of the new or revised form.

i thought it be useful for others .