ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appointment at Nationality Checking Service before 18th mar

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skum

appointment at Nationality Checking Service before 18th mar

Post by skum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:35 am

Hello,
I am trying to book appointment for today or tomorrow but I cant get it in my nearest councils.

anybody had luck getting appointment within a day in any London council or nearby London?

Just wanted to avoid 250£ increase from 18th march. But I didn't realize that it would be so difficult to book appointment.

thanks.

cfdman

Re: appointment at Nationality Checking Service before 18th

Post by cfdman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:17 am

You always have the option of sending it by post (though you may want to do it today itself and use RoyalMail One day special delivery) to beat the price increase. Ofcourse, you would need to live without your passport and BRP for a while, which is the trade-off.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:26 am

Good luck getting an appointment today or tomorrow! I expect most, if not all councils are completely booked now.

You can still avoid the fee increase if you send the application today by Special Delivery post :!:

skum

Post by skum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:11 pm

thanks for reply.
I am in middle of changing a job hence cant send passport etc through post.

Anyways - called 10+ councils in London & greater london. Found appointment in Merton Council for today afternoon!!!
Best council- as they have increased working hours specially before 18th fees increase.
Rest of council's should learn from them.

Anyways, on way to my appointment now.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Nice one! My nearest NCS has only ever done appointments on Wednesday, however for the last couple of weeks, due to enormous demand to beat the fee increase, they have been laying on extra appointments on other days.

skum

Post by skum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:29 pm

having already paid thousands on visa applications -doesn't want to waste another 250 pound. Finally no more visa fees in future. But still need to pay for my wife's extension.

I don't know how many british native are aware for huge visa fees which keeps on increasing every year!