ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Spouse Visa - Premium Service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pri3110
Newly Registered

Extension of Spouse Visa - Premium Service

Post by pri3110 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi All,

I'm the Spouse of a British Citizen. My visa (2 yrs 9 months) expires on the September 2016.I need to apply for an extension, FLR(M). I'm planning to avail the in person 'same day premium service'. I heard from one of my friends that we can apply for an extension from 3 months in advance if we use the premium service. I just want to confirm whether we can apply 3 months in advance if we use the premium service as I have travel plans to India. It would be of great help if anyone could help me out in this regard.

Awaiting your response..

Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Extension of Spouse Visa - Premium Service

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 pm

If you apply too early you will have a shortfall in your qualifying 5 year period when it comes time to apply for ILR. This will mean an additional FLR(M) extension, with an extra visa fee + a further NHS surcharge. What date did you enter the UK on your current visa?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks a lot for the immediate response...

My visa start date is 31-Dec-2013. I entered the UK on the 14-Feb-2014.
Is it true that we can apply for an extension at least 2 or 3 months before the visa expires since, my earlier visa was for a period of 2 yrs 9 months as I still have 2 months as a buffer from the date I entered the UK for being eligible for ILR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:36 pm

If you have a sufficient buffer to avoid an additional extension, then yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot once again for your immediate response.

bilalbilal

Post by bilalbilal » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi CASA, is it ok to apply on 23rd april premium service? just want to make sure as i dont want any problems at ILR stage.

I was on a student visa before, I got FLR M visa on 21st november 2014 and it finishes on 21st may 2016 exact 30 months.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:50 am

Yes, it should be fine for that date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.