ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not received my BRP card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tknayak

Not received my BRP card

Post by tknayak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:20 pm

I have applied for citizenship along with my wife and my son (MN1) on 22nd February at NCS Wandsworth, as a joint application for citizenship and passport. We received the receipt and request for providing biometrics. We did our biometric done on 5th March. But we have not yet received the biometric cards.

Can anyone advise whether I should be receiving the biometric cards after providing the biometrics. If yes, does it take that long to receive the cards. Last time I did the biometrics (during my ILR), I received the cards almost in next 2-3 days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Not received my BRP card

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:28 pm

You don't get biometric cards for citizenship applications. Citizenship is not a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:You don't get biometric cards for citizenship applications. Citizenship is not a visa.
Thanks for a lightening reply. But at the same time they say that you have to return your biometric cards within 5 days of the citizenship ceremony. What does that exactly mean? Thanks in advance

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:38 pm

tknayak wrote:
CR001 wrote:You don't get biometric cards for citizenship applications. Citizenship is not a visa.
Thanks for a lightening reply. But at the same time they say that you have to return your biometric cards within 5 days of the citizenship ceremony. What does that exactly mean? Thanks in advance
If your application to naturalise as a citizen is approved, you will be required to attend a ceremony where you will be officially become a citizen. This is the point at which you will be required to submit your current BRP within 5 days as you will no longer need it (you will now be a citizen of this country, not subject to immigration control).

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks ScopeD. I understand this.

So are you saying that they will not issue new BRP cards against the biometric enrolment we did on 5th March as a part of our naturalisation application process. The current BRP I am holding as part of my current visa needs to be returned within 5 days of the ceremony. If that is the case, I will not worry.

I would appreciate if you can just confirm this.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:46 pm

tknayak wrote:Thanks ScopeD. I understand this.

So are you saying that they will not issue new BRP cards against the biometric enrolment we did on 5th March as a part of our naturalisation application process. The current BRP I am holding as part of my current visa needs to be returned within 5 days of the ceremony. If that is the case, I will not worry.

I would appreciate if you can just confirm this.
You are not required to return your ILR BRP until you have attended your citizenship ceremony.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks CR001 and ScopeD for clarifying. It is much appreciated