ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce/ partner's details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ess2013

Divorce/ partner's details

Post by Ess2013 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi
I have a question about the naturalisation form (Form AN) which asks about partner/ ex partner details. I was married briefly 10 years ago and the marriage was annulled within a few months. I can't for the life of me remember my ex partner's year of birth or where he was born (I can guess the country but don't know the city). Form AN asks for these details - I have no way of getting this information. What do I do?

Thanks for your help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Divorce/ partner's details

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Presumably you are applying in your own right. In which case your ex-husband's details aren't required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ess2013

Post by Ess2013 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:07 pm

[quote="Casa"]Presumably you are applying in your own right. In which case your ex-husband's details aren't required.[/quote]

Yes I am but the form states that all relationships must be disclosed and even ex-partner's details should be provided. It makes no sense but I don't want to risk it by leaving it blank. Perhaps I should fill in the details I do know and leave the rest blank?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Yes, provide what you know.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ess2013

Post by Ess2013 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:57 pm

[quote="Casa"]Yes, provide what you know.[/quote]

Thank you