ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview in naturalisation case

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Interview in naturalisation case

Post by Qaiser125 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:29 am

Hi i applied on 26th march 2015 for naturalisation.....and now i have received a letter from home office after 10 months for an interview....anyone experienced such interview recently..??? What questions they ask??please help...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Interview in naturalisation case

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am

Qaiser125 wrote:Hi i applied on 26th march 2015 for naturalisation.....and now i have received a letter from home office after 10 months for an interview....anyone experienced such interview recently..??? What questions they ask??please help...
I'm not sure if they've given you any further information around the reason they wish to interview you in their letter, as the questions they ask you would probably be in line with that. There can be many different reasons for an interview, but based on one of your previous threads perhaps it's associated with your previous overstay...
Qaiser125 wrote:hi all i am going to apply for flr fp 10 yr route next week...i am from Pakistan.i came to uk as a tier 4 dependant in 2012.my husband is a settled person now.we have one child from our marriage who is 2 yrs old born in uk and is British. we applied on flr m, which was refused stating i have overstayed.so we are now applying on flr fp..can anyone guide me about the documents which we should submit along our form. i have read so many success stories in this forum.and they raised my hopes.but i am worried about the insurmountable obstacles..anyone from Pakistan who has got their visa if they can share what they included in the obstacles part,will be a great help. thnx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:32 am

This is confusing. If you arrived in the UK in 2012 and were in the process of applying for FLR(FP) under the 10 year route to settlement, how did you believe you qualified for BC in 2015....or is your husband posting this? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiser125 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:09 pm

The flr fp application was for my wife.. she posted from my id. I have applied for naturalization :)

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiser125 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:17 pm

I have applied for naturalisation and received an email for interview in liverpool. any idea what questions can they ask?? they haven't mentioned anything in the email. i did toiec once but never submitted it. can they ask about it ? what shall i say if they ask? shall i deny that i never took toiec ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Qaiser125 wrote:I have applied for naturalisation and received an email for interview in liverpool. any idea what questions can they ask?? they haven't mentioned anything in the email. i did toiec once but never submitted it. can they ask about it ? what shall i say if they ask? shall i deny that i never took toiec ??
Interviews are not common for citizenship applications. If HO do ask about TOEIC, you would be very silly to deny it as that is lying/deception. They have all the details of people that did TOEIC. Any questions they ask you must be answered honestly.

Anything else in your immigration history that is maybe suspicious, overstay or anything?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiser125 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks for your advise.Nothing else that i can think of...according to me it was a straight forward case...i submitted ielts with my application.. i have done toiec but never submitted..

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:00 pm

When is your interview?