ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dividends and Tax

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKTAN
Newly Registered

Dividends and Tax

Post by UKTAN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi guys,

need some urgent help.

We applied for ILR on 12th March, 2016 and applied in person.

I am a director of my limited company and had applied for ILR. The CO checked all documents I submitted which were:
Business Bank Statements 12 Months
Personal Bank Statements 3 months
Management Accounts
P60
Dates of Absence
Life in UK test
Payslips
Dividend Vouchers 12 months

The CO however said she can see dividends coming out of my business account and into personal account, however she wants to cross check for the past 15 months. She has kept our case open now and have asked us to submit 15 months of personal banks statements highlighting dividends from Business to Personal Account.

The paper also said to submit any additional documents. What additional documents would you recommend to submit? I am going through all my statements and SA302 and can see accountant has made an error in filing dividends for last year. There was emergency money I took out from the account which is only labeled as PAY in the bank statements, which the CO never questioned about and nor did accountant see, all CA600 is in order for last 5 years and so is SA302 for the last 5 years except an error in last year SA302. In your experience should I submit these as additional documents? do you think the CO will notice the error? I don't have time now to rectify the mistake as have to submit additional documents this week.

Even though online for ILR it only asked to submit 3 months personal bank statements, the case officer has asked for 15 months from the last Tier 1 extension.

Can you please advise urgently as very nervous on the outcome, also how long will it take for CO to make a decision and inform us?

Thanks

Pscloud

Re: Dividends and Tax

Post by Pscloud » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi,

Which PEO did you go to?

My friend was in similar situation in January. CW asked him to send company accounts for last 5 years , CT600 and SA302. Letter from accountant as well.

Regards

UKTAN
Newly Registered

Post by UKTAN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:23 pm

@Pscloud

I went to the Croydon office.

Our CO never mentioned or asked for CT600 and SA302. Did you friend hear back from HO yet on his verdict and were all his taxes in order?

I am worried about the least year SA302 only and if we should submit it or not. Any guidance from your friend's experience will be helpful.

Thanks

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Unfortunately his visa was refused because he had massive variation in his income years. CW said you only year money when you have to get visa also company turnover wasnt that good other than visa years.

CW also asked him to file the accounts for last year and send the copy to cw.

send me email we can talk :: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

UKTAN
Newly Registered

Post by UKTAN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:44 pm

sorry cant send you an email or PM as I have not done 30 posts yet.

I match all the earnings criteria and have taken dividends out from net profit. My earnings are regular and consistent as I am a contractor with the same company the last 5 years.

On what basis did they reject your friend and is he going to appeal? How long did he hear back from?

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:35 pm

@UKTAN
From what you have shared, the CO is simply asking to verify your past 15 dividend amounts and cross check with personal and business bank statements to ensure it matches.

If you have made any errors, then it is too late to correct so don't worry about sending additional documents which would only queer the pitch. They have access to your HMRC records so don't worry about amending taxes at this stage. As you have been working with one company for 5 years, that shouldn't cause any concerns to the CO.

This could just be a case of additional verification of some basic stuff. Keep calm and just provide the CO with what was requested. That would be my suggestion.

Best wishes!

UKTAN
Newly Registered

Post by UKTAN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. The dividends are all clearly marked and nno issues there. My only concern is the urgent money I took out early last year above the dividend threshold of £32,000 and since I was in a hurry it was not marked as dividends. Accountant missed that and did not take it into account for SA302. Since Case office never asked for SA302, you think I shoils not submit it?

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:41 pm

UKTAN
As everyone concerned seemed to have missed that "urgent money", it is no skin of HO's teeth if there are other transactions on your company's account. They will only look out for what you have declared as dividend and salary and identify those transactions in your bank statements.

With regards to your visa application, HO have access to HMRC records, so submission of SA302 is just redundant. I don't believe you will damage your stance by submitting the SA302 statements.

Best wishes!

UKTAN
Newly Registered

Post by UKTAN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:46 pm

kanswam

Since the case officer never asked for SA302 i am thinking to avoid submitting in case she starts over checking things. She wanted me to point out corporation tax and dividends in statements thats all and said any additional information I want to submit. She didn't show any concern but now since its a postal application I am worried how much scrutiny they will do. What was your experience like with ILR?

Manigee
Newly Registered

Post by Manigee » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:08 pm

UKTAN wrote:kanswam

Since the case officer never asked for SA302 i am thinking to avoid submitting in case she starts over checking things. She wanted me to point out corporation tax and dividends in statements thats all and said any additional information I want to submit. She didn't show any concern but now since its a postal application I am worried how much scrutiny they will do. What was your experience like with ILR?
thats terrible stuff happening with everyone

UKTAN
Newly Registered

Post by UKTAN » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Sorry what do you mean terrible stuff happening to everyone?

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:52 am

@UKTAN
I had posted my ILR experience on a separate thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 03591.html

The CO kept all the photocopies I had submitted except for SA302. They returned both the original and photocopy. You can discern what you want from that but it just shows that they may not be that interested in that as they have direct access to HMRC records is what I believe.

cheers

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:34 am

@UKTAN,

Have you received your outcome?
My husband's case similar to yours. Please advice.
My husband applied for ILR on July 2016 by post and still waiting for the outcome.
He is director of limited company. He was asked to submit the questionnaire in May 2017 asking for tax details. He posted immediately saying he didn't do any tax amendments and submitted all SA302.
Since its been more than 16+ months, had some doubt so we were just checking accounts for past 5 years, only then realized he missed out to pay tax for dividend for a month in 2015. It was genuine mistake . He didn't claim any points for that dividend. Earnings claimed to HO matching with HMRC, but he missed out to pay the tax for divided for a month in 2015 and this was after his extension.
Will that be issue now?
If it is how to rectify it , but it is too late. Please share your experiences.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am

ilr-dep wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:34 am
@UKTAN,

Have you received your outcome?
My husband's case similar to yours. Please advice.
My husband applied for ILR on July 2016 by post and still waiting for the outcome.
He is director of limited company. He was asked to submit the questionnaire in May 2017 asking for tax details. He posted immediately saying he didn't do any tax amendments and submitted all SA302.
Since its been more than 16+ months, had some doubt so we were just checking accounts for past 5 years, only then realized he missed out to pay tax for dividend for a month in 2015. It was genuine mistake . He didn't claim any points for that dividend. Earnings claimed to HO matching with HMRC, but he missed out to pay the tax for divided for a month in 2015 and this was after his extension.
Will that be issue now?
If it is how to rectify it , but it is too late. Please share your experiences.
The user ' UKTAN' has not logged into the forum since March 2016. Kindly refrain from digging up old topics and continue in your own thread please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.