ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family split up

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fayvritt

family split up

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello Friends,
I'm due to renew my 10year route leave but my family has totally split up. My partner and I were arguing too much, police and social services got involved and now our kids have been removed into foster care after a court battle. social services have refused to allow neither me nor their mom to have contact with the kids because they are looking to get them adopted. How do I renew my leave now friends? Legally I still have parental rights but I dont see the kids. Can I rely on my job and parental rights? Please advise

Obie
Ireland

Re: family split up

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:54 pm

For you to have been refused both direct and indirect contact and the child are about to be put up for adoption, It must be for something slightly more than arguing.

You could make a section 10 Application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Obie wrote:For you to have been refused both direct and indirect contact and the child are about to be put up for adoption, It must be for something slightly more than arguing.

You could make a section 10 Application.
Thanks for replying Obie, I appreciate it. The social worker said I could have a letter box contact once a year if the adoption goes through. Is article 8 engaged with that sort of contact? I guess that is an indirect contact but is it strong enough?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 pm

If you will only be permitted 'letter box contact' presumably due to you and your wife's inability to provide proper care for your children, this 'contact' can be maintained from anywhere in the world. You don't need to be resident in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Under current climate, especially when adoption I'd under consideration , it will be difficult for you to get extension in the particular circumstances of your case.

Court may conclude it will not be in the child's best interest.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Obie wrote:Under current climate, especially when adoption I'd under consideration , it will be difficult for you to get extension in the particular circumstances of your case.

Court may conclude it will not be in the child's best interest.
Obie and Casa, thanks for the information. Cheers!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:20 pm

You are most welcome. Of immense concern to me is the fact that you have lost your children, and may never get to see them again. That appears, in my view, worst that being refused a visa, or even being deported and given a life term ban from the UK.

I do hope that you are able to turn you life around, and that who ever is making these decision does give you a second chance, if you are able to prove worthy of such chance.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:55 am

Obie wrote:You are most welcome. Of immense concern to me is the fact that you have lost your children, and may never get to see them again. That appears, in my view, worst that being refused a visa, or even being deported and given a life term ban from the UK.

I do hope that you are able to turn you life around, and that who ever is making these decision does give you a second chance, if you are able to prove worthy of such chance.
Thanks for concern Obie. I've been worried about my situation but I know that prayer changes things. Forced adoption adoption is a harsh punishment for anyone so I believe the devil won't win. I will keep fighting until this placement order is revoked. I still welcome your advice. Thanks