ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) Application EEA applicant with non-EEA spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

riders
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) Application EEA applicant with non-EEA spouse

Post by riders » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:32 pm

I am an EEA national and have been exercising my treaty rights in the UK since December 2010. My spouse is non-EEA. We came to the UK together. We had a child born in the UK in October 2011.

We would like to apply for permanent residence and I will be the main applicant.

1. Should we both apply on the same EEA (PR) form?

2. If yes, how does section 2 work? As an EEA applicant, I don't have a sponsor but sections (specifically section 11 pertaining to my wife) refer back to the "sponsor as named in section 2." Can I leave section 2 blank and assume I am understood as my wife's sponsor as the main applicant?

3. We plan to register our UK-born child as a British citizen using form MN1 as soon as our PR status comes through. Should he be included on our PR application?

Appreciate any help on the matter. Thank you.

riders
Newly Registered

Re: EEA (PR) Application EEA applicant with non-EEA spouse

Post by riders » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Have been reading the forums and couldn't really find direct answers to my questions but I think I have a better understanding of the procedure now. So, I will attempt to answer my own questions. Do point out faults, gently :D Thank you.

1. Yes, we should both apply on the same form.

2. Skip section 2. I, as the main & EEA applicant will be understood to be my wife's sponsor.

3. I will not include my child in our PR application. Once our PR status comes through, we will register him as a British citizen using form MN1.

So and so forth...

Godspeed! :mrgreen:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 pm

riders wrote:...

1. Yes, we should both apply on the same form.

2. Skip section 2. I, as the main & EEA applicant will be understood to be my wife's sponsor.

3. I will not include my child in our PR application. Once our PR status comes through, we will register him as a British citizen using form MN1.

So and so forth...

Godspeed! :mrgreen:
Looks like you're on right track.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:48 am

hello,
you r correct on points 1,2,3.

ur eea pr form section 3 will guide you which section u have to fill depending on the category . section 11 does not apply to you if ur section 3.1 no 2 .

i hope im clear n pls excuse me for typing as im using online keyboard .

regards