ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language Required ????

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adilzia
Member of Standing

English language Required ????

Post by adilzia » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Hello members,

Can someone answer my question?
Thanks in advance

Me and my team members tier 1 Ent visa extensions are due in march 2017.I have done City & Guilds english language course and my team member done toiec.As per my knowledge english language requirement has been changed.HO just accepting ielts.

Do we both need to do ielts again ????Or we will get points automatically ??

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: English language Required ????

Post by moongesture » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:13 pm

You don't need to provide any language certificate if you were awarded point for language in your last application (tier 1 entrepreneur). Although any test result which is/was regarded invalid or questionable can effect the outcome of your leave to remain application.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:37 am

abdhriz wrote:You don't need to provide any language certificate if you were awarded point for language in your last application (tier 1 entrepreneur). Although any test result which is/was regarded invalid or questionable can effect the outcome of your leave to remain application.
As far as my understanding goes, you can rely on previously submitted evidence of an English test only if such exam body was still considered acceptable by HO. Both of the tests above are now unacceptable by HO. This makes their previously submitted English language evidence invalid. I am afraid both have to sit IELTS exam before extension.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:41 am

zimba88 wrote:
abdhriz wrote:You don't need to provide any language certificate if you were awarded point for language in your last application (tier 1 entrepreneur). Although any test result which is/was regarded invalid or questionable can effect the outcome of your leave to remain application.
As far as my understanding goes, you can rely on previously submitted evidence of an English test only if such exam body was still considered acceptable by HO. Both of the tests above are now unacceptable by HO. This makes their previously submitted English language evidence invalid. I am afraid both have to sit IELTS exam before extension.

Thanks for the answer
But that time when we applied for initial application of tier 1 ent,both awarding bodies were acceptable.these are not acceptable now...
I don't think so i neec to sit for exam. Maybe my team member will face any problem just bcoz of toiec scam.