ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employer 1 month before ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minnadbs
Newly Registered

Switching Employer 1 month before ILR

Post by minnadbs » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:43 am

Hello All,

Background:

I was first sponsored in July 2011 and will qualify to apply for ILR in June 2016. I have now received offer for a new role and unsure about accepting it as it may(?) impact my ability to apply for ILR.

IF I do decide to switch employer then I must serve a 3 month notice period with my current employer ( till June 15th) but I can't request the letter required for ILR application.

This will mean I must work with my new employer for atleast (???? months) before requesting the letter to support my ILR application. The question is for how long ? is there any guidance about this period?

Questions:

1. Should a employee work a minimum term ( months / years) after switching employer before applying for ILR?

2. If not, then will it make any difference if i applied for ILR 1 month after starting role with new employer? Can UKBA team view the application negatively if I submit application for ILR within 1 month of starting new role?

Thanks in advance.

minna

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Employer 1 month before ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:53 am

Why would you want to pay the fees and immigration health surcharge to switch visas just before you qualify for ILR. Immigration health surcharge will not be refunded if you do this and then apply for ILR.

The new fees effective from tomorrow are in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 16_PDF.pdf

In my opinion, you should wait for ILR and then you are free to seek any alternative employment without additional visa costs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.