ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 and BRP query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sudden
Newly Registered

AN1 and BRP query

Post by Sudden » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Firstly - i've browsed these forums everytime i've had questions and always found them to be really helpful. Haven't had the need to post anything in the past, but just wanted to say thanks :)

Now to the query!

I intend to apply for citizenship shortly and plan to do it through NCS. I understand, primarily from these forums, that by doing so, I can keep my passport and BRP so can travel whilst the application is being processed.

If this is correct, then how do I answer the question on the form which asks if the BRP is being enclosed with this application or not? If it wasn't going through NCS, it would be. However, because of NCS, it won't be.

Any answers would be welcome :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN1 and BRP query

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Yes it is correct. Suggest ask NCS and then tick the relevant box.

Are you aware of the fee increase from 18th March?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sudden
Newly Registered

Post by Sudden » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am

Yes, I am. It's a shame, but can't be helped. Don't want to rush this through and I have a few trips planned, so don't want to be without Passport/BRP during the time.

So it is viable to fill in parts of the form with NCS? They won't just say it's incomplete and tell you to go away? Is the service quite...friendly?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:07 pm

You need to complete the form but on the question you have asked, you can asked them and then tick the relevant box. They do not help you complete the form or help you complete large parts of it. They will check your form.

NCS's vary and I suppose like anything else, one might be friendlier than the other but they are not there to judge you and will do their job. But it is a good service as you get to keep your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sudden
Newly Registered

Post by Sudden » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Great, thank you :)

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:58 am

My NCS adviser was very friendly, my appointment slot was supposedly up to 45 minutes so there was plenty of time to fill in the one or two questions on the form I was unsure about.