ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence application variation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m arshad
Newly Registered

10 year long residence application variation

Post by m arshad » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi everyone i been a silent reader of this extremely helpful forum. 
I have a question i applied flr o in Nov 2015 and give biometric in Feb 2016 and after a week of submitting at the post office my solicitor send SET O as a variation of the grounds. Now i am waiting for the biometric enrolment letter? Does ukvi uses the biometric already submitted with the flr o or they are going to send new biometric enrolment request? Your replies i appreciate please. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year long residence application variation

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Are you applying for ILR based on long residence as your topic heading says?

If so, your solicitor has sent the wrong form (SET O) which is for ILR based on 5 years residence as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 migrant.

You will likely have to submit biometrics again for each application you make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m arshad
Newly Registered

Post by m arshad » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate but as you said that you have to give biometric fir each application you apply this is a general view if you consider this scenario that its not a new application its the Variation of the grounds of an Existing application for which the biometric is already submitted and ukvi sent a letter asking the solicitor which application you want us to consider and solicitor confirm via phone and reply to thier email to consider Set o. By the way set o also has a category for other purposes not covered by rules in which you can argue long res as well.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:14 pm

As CR001 has already advised, long residence is a different category of application. SET(LR) and not SET(O). Your solicitor should know this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:31 pm

m arshad wrote:By the way set o also has a category for other purposes not covered by rules in which you can argue long res as well.
Yes, Set(O) 'other purposes' is for migrants on Discretionary leave to remain for 6 years or people who are on 5 year UK Ancestry visas. It is NOT for long residence ILR. There is a specific form for long residence ILR, as casa has pointed out, it is form SET(LR), which has its own rules (so not 'not covered by rules' as you are saying. Your solicitor sent the wrong form and your application is likely to be considered invalid.

I would question whether your 'solicitor' actually knows what he is doing or just milking you of your money.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m arshad
Newly Registered

Post by m arshad » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Yes i will ask him to send correct form . He said that set lr is for people who have a visa. What about biometric enrolment do i have to give again as I have submitted with flr o. Wait is killing me. By the way invalid application are where theres issues with payment or picture etc or you have used form which is expired n ujvi has published new forms. You might argue that they refuse it but surely cant invalidate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Your solicitor has submitted a form which you do not qualify for, it is invalid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)