ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Extension and £35k Earning Threshold

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bukkysuccess
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) Extension and £35k Earning Threshold

Post by Bukkysuccess » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:06 pm

This might sound like a silly question but I will appreciate a quick response on it. My current tier 2 visa will expire at the beginning of 2017 but I have started to discuss with my employer that I will be looking to renew my visa at the end of the year.
Given the introduction of £35k earning threshold. Should I be worried about this?

I joined the company with one year left on my post study visa, I completed the 1 year before switching to company sponsored visa. so by the time I am extending my visa, I would have worked for the company for 4 yrs + (but only on tier2 for 3yrs)

Will the £35k rule be applicable to me when I am renewing my visa at the end of the year or will it only be applicable after spending 5yrs on a company sponsored Tier 2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 (General) Extension and £35k Earning Threshold

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:48 pm

It will only come into picture when you apply for ILR in future. Not for extensions.

Bukkysuccess
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General) Extension and £35k Earning Threshold

Post by Bukkysuccess » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:57 pm

moonlight55 wrote:It will only come into picture when you apply for ILR in future. Not for extensions.
Thank you