ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR refusal as self-employment income too low

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliuk100
Newly Registered

PR refusal as self-employment income too low

Post by aliuk100 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello

Just got a refusal latter on the basis of EEA family member's self employment is marginal and income is not sufficient.

Is there any information that if there is any limit that EEA family member has to show?

If the EEA Family member is on Employment support allowance (ESA) does it proof of exercising Treaty rights?

Any more information whether the appeal or new application would be a better option.

Thanks in advance

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Petanque wrote:Hi All,

How long does it take to get your passport back (for EEA national and the applicant)? We have submitted the request for passports return last Wednesday, no news yet.

Also, did anyone travel in / out UK on a tourist visa whilst the RC application was under consideration?

Thank you!
I heard it takes about a week
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm

aliuk100 wrote:Hello

Just got a refusal latter on the basis of EEA family member's self employment is marginal and income is not sufficient.

Is there any information that if there is any limit that EEA family member has to show?

If the EEA Family member is on Employment support allowance (ESA) does it proof of exercising Treaty rights?

Any more information whether the appeal or new application would be a better option.

Thanks in advance
HO applies its MET test.

No, claiming ESA is nothing to do with any proof of exercising treaty rights.

On what grounds do you think you can appeal?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

aliuk100
Newly Registered

Post by aliuk100 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 pm

noajthan wrote:

Thanks in advance
HO applies its MET test.

No, claiming ESA is nothing to do with any proof of exercising treaty rights.

On what grounds do you think you can appeal?
Thanks for your reply.

Can you please eleborate MET test, I google it didn't find any information.

EEA family member earning less then 600 a month, on which they said the earning doesn't enough (is there a minimum limit).

We are just thinking to do appeal by putting more evidences for self employment, but we do need some advise to go forward.

Thanks for your input.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:19 pm

aliuk100 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Can you please eleborate MET test, I google it didn't find any information.

EEA family member earning less then 600 a month, on which they said the earning doesn't enough (is there a minimum limit).

We are just thinking to do appeal by putting more evidences for self employment, but we do need some advise to go forward.

Thanks for your input.
Seems like HO is applying the MET test and is failing you on that basis (earnings too low):
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/using-m ... ne-worker/

This approach is not in accordance with EU law.

noajthan

Re: PR refusal as self-employment income too low

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:29 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one)

akz

Post by akz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:39 am

Bro I have appealed with the same refusal reason and once I will get my PR will give you the indication that you can go for appeal. my case will be clear in a month time I hope.

ONE THING FOR SURE THAT IF I GOT PR THEN YOU MUST HAVE IT BECAUSE YOUR EARNING IS MORE THAN MY ONE

Regards
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 am

Can some one explain according to meet how much earning need in 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 please urgent help please

Thanks

Jay

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:55 am

Aliuk100 and akz please need your help I am submitting my PR application soon and I don't want to be refuse .
So please if you both share a bit more that how much earning need to show in 2013/14 and 2014/15

I will wait for your reply

Thanks

Jay

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:39 pm

You just need to how work is genuine and effective.

Have you read the link above which shows how caseworker is likely to assess your case.

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:14 pm

I seen already but how does its work when some one attached all evidence as a self employed . Like invoices , bills , advert, and all sopporting doc .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:57 pm

jay.ho wrote:I seen already but how does its work when some one attached all evidence as a self employed . Like invoices , bills , advert, and all sopporting doc .
So you wait and see if caseworker accepts the evidence is adequate and has persuaded her you have genuine and effective self-employment.

aliuk100
Newly Registered

Post by aliuk100 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:35 pm

We have sent 5 legal detailed contracts with different companies including (CAPITA, NHS) with invoices and detailed letter.

These documents proved that spouse is working around 60 hours @ £20/Ph per month.

Also the HO Case worker did mistake in calculating the bank statement and didn't take account of figures just because of the incoming is from the different name as some companies transfer amounts form some other name (e.g. parent company).

Now we are thinking should we put an new application, Reconsideration request or appeal. We are thinking to go through quickest route.

Thanks for reading and for any of your input.

aliuk100
Newly Registered

Post by aliuk100 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:38 pm

jay.ho wrote:Aliuk100 and akz please need your help I am submitting my PR application soon and I don't want to be refuse .
So please if you both share a bit more that how much earning need to show in 2013/14 and 2014/15

I will wait for your reply

Thanks

Jay
Hi

Is your sponsor is self employed? any question you can ask will try to share what ever I know about this.

Btw nobody want to be get refused :)

Cheers

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Ali what supporting doc you submit in your application ??

Naumankhan
Newly Registered

Post by Naumankhan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks in advance
Have you appealed?

Naumankhan
Newly Registered

Post by Naumankhan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:53 pm

akz wrote:Bro I have appealed with the same refusal reason and once I will get my PR will give you the indication that you can go for appeal. my case will be clear in a month time I hope.

ONE THING FOR SURE THAT IF I GOT PR THEN YOU MUST HAVE IT BECAUSE YOUR EARNING IS MORE THAN MY ONE

Regards
akz
Hi AKZ

Did you go for Oral hearing or paper based? and did you use a solicitor to appeal? I need help. Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:10 am

Naumankhan wrote:Hi AKZ

Did you go for Oral hearing or paper based? and did you use a solicitor to appeal? I need help. Thank you
Yes member akz aced it in the end. But this topic is not about member akz

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1398482