ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case worker put the ILR on hold due to no hmrc returns

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sat21
Newly Registered

Case worker put the ILR on hold due to no hmrc returns

Post by sat21 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi Friends,

Please help me on this.

I have applied for my ILR as a full time permanent employer with sufficient earnings and all the documents.

But the case worker raised point about the the earnings claimed in my last tier 1 visa extension.

During my last extension I have claimed 16k as dividends from my limited company and the remaining earnings shown from my permanent job salary. My accountant filed accounts to company house and HMRC but he did not do my self assessment but I have paid the full corporation tax for the company returns.

But the problem is case worker is saying she can not see the 16k earnings in my HMRC self assessment record.I told to her that I have filed the returns through my company and paid the tax.She is not happy with that and ask me to submit SA302 for that year(2012 to 2013).I called to HMRC and they are saying they can not do online for 2012 to 2013 returns and I need to submit through post and this will take 3 months to update which is after my visa expiry date.

Do I need to file HMRC self assessment for the dividends I have taken even though they are under threshold which is 16k only because I saw some accountancy sites saying no need to file a tax return if its under threshold?

I don't think I can get the SA302 letter with in the time limit.
Please help me how can I convince this issue with case worker in other way?

O_Relly

Re: Case worker put the ILR on hold due to no hmrc returns

Post by O_Relly » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Sorry to hear you getting caught out on this mate. The only
possible way for UKVI or even HMRC to know how much earnings you received as dividends is if you have declared it in your Self Assessment. Ofcourse HMRC have other means, but the context for them doing that is different.

You will have to file your Self Assessment even if your dividend amount received is £250.

Not sure if there is any other way other than SA302s. Can you request the HMRC to hasten this process in any way ?

Wait for Mods or someone else with personal experience to provide some insight. Otherwise I would recommend seeking professional advise.
Cheers,
OR

sat21
Newly Registered

Post by sat21 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:35 am

O_Relly, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I was misguided that dividends less than threshold do not need self assessment.

I called HMRC and they reset my account to file my old returns.I am planning to do it asap.

But case worker asks original sa302 and ct600 in 2 weeks of time.I do not think I can get the originals in 2 weeks.

I called to corporation tax to send me the previous ct600 but they said they need a letter from my side first with reason to send the ct600s.

Can we convince the case worker with electronic copies but she clearly said that they want to see originals?

I know that sa302 can be downloaded from my hmrc account but not sure does she treat them as originals or not.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Not entirely clear here mate, what do you mean you can dowload your sa302s if you have not filed your SAs yet ? and your account has been reset by hmrc?

If you are able to download online stmts, I would recommend asking hmrc to send you attested online stmts. Home office may consider them in lieu of originals.

Also can you consider buying longer than 2 weeks for submitting documentation. ?
Cheers,
OR

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Which PEO did you go?

You can ask hmrc to open the port for you and you should be able to file the returns online and they will take around 72 hours to update.

Did cw requested any other docs?

Rgds

sat21
Newly Registered

Post by sat21 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 pm

O_Relly, my account has been reset now and I am asking accountant to file the returns.
After updating the accounts I am thinking that I can download the forms from https://www.gov.uk/sa302-tax-calculation .

The above link guides to print the sa302. Having said that I am not sure if case worker accept these are not.But just in case in the last minute I am thinking use this.

I am thinking about asking extension as will but first I am filing the returns on monday and after updating the records I want to try if I can get originals in one week.

Can we request hmrc to send the letters asap?

sat21
Newly Registered

Post by sat21 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Pscloud, thank you for your response.
I did that reset thing yesterday and I am able to file now.
But only worrying thing is can I get the letters or not with in one week after filing the self assessment. Normally hmrc will take 10 days to deliver the letters.

CW asked me to submit sa302 and ct600. I have ct600 electronic from my accountant but did not have sa302.
can ct600 electronic copies treated as originals or do I need to get originals in some other way?

CW clearly mentioned that they want originals only. I do not understand original ct600.

Monks
Newly Registered

Post by Monks » Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi sat21,

I am in similar situation. CW asked for 5 years original sa302 and ct600 documents within 2 weeks.

Can you please let me know what happened in your case. Did they accept ct600 copies you got from accountant and did you get extra time from UKVIto submit all the sa302

Kindly reply

Cheers
Monks

kirankhalil75

Post by kirankhalil75 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:55 am

HI Monks

Which PEO you went ?
and what questions caseworker asked you ?
also did they asked you to fill questioner ?

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:20 am

sat21 wrote:Hi Friends,

Please help me on this.

I have applied for my ILR as a full time permanent employer with sufficient earnings and all the documents.

But the case worker raised point about the the earnings claimed in my last tier 1 visa extension.

During my last extension I have claimed 16k as dividends from my limited company and the remaining earnings shown from my permanent job salary. My accountant filed accounts to company house and HMRC but he did not do my self assessment but I have paid the full corporation tax for the company returns.

But the problem is case worker is saying she can not see the 16k earnings in my HMRC self assessment record.I told to her that I have filed the returns through my company and paid the tax.She is not happy with that and ask me to submit SA302 for that year(2012 to 2013).I called to HMRC and they are saying they can not do online for 2012 to 2013 returns and I need to submit through post and this will take 3 months to update which is after my visa expiry date.

Do I need to file HMRC self assessment for the dividends I have taken even though they are under threshold which is 16k only because I saw some accountancy sites saying no need to file a tax return if its under threshold?

I don't think I can get the SA302 letter with in the time limit.
Please help me how can I convince this issue with case worker in other way?
Hi
When did you apply your visa ?

Thanks