ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years after WRS scheme ended - how to apply for PR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Basicman
Newly Registered

5 years after WRS scheme ended - how to apply for PR?

Post by Basicman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm

I wonder can you advise me.
I entered UK at the end of 2010, started to work and registered in WRS, as I am A8 citizen. However after 3 months I changed job and failed to register my new job in WRS.
I am filling PR application and now it is obvious to me my application will be rejected, as I did nor register my new job with WRS (even I started it on march 2011 - a month before scheme ended).
I could wait a bit longer and count my qualifying 5 years after May,2011, when WRS was no longer required.
Hence my question: PR form still asks when I entered UK for first time, so I must still specify I entered end of 2010. It also asks if I worked for employer in accession period (up to may 2011) - so I still need to give details of my WRS card and also specify that for a month I was working without WRS card.
I've read when people were refused PR due to failure o register ALL new employers in WRS, they were advised to reapply after March 2016, as this gives them full 5 years, after WRS scheme has ended.
Should I ignore WRS part in form at all, if I apply 5 years after May 2011?

Thank you,

snu
Newly Registered

Re: 5 years after WRS scheme ended - how to apply for PR?

Post by snu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:23 pm

hi!

similiar problem here... :roll:
Basicman wrote: I could wait a bit longer and count my qualifying 5 years after May,2011, when WRS was no longer required.
that's my plan, to apply for PR in May 2016
Basicman wrote:Hence my question: PR form still asks when I entered UK for first time, so I must still specify I entered end of 2010. It also asks if I worked for employer in accession period (up to may 2011) - so I still need to give details of my WRS card and also specify that for a month I was working without WRS card.
I've read when people were refused PR due to failure o register ALL new employers in WRS, they were advised to reapply after March 2016, as this gives them full 5 years, after WRS scheme has ended.
Should I ignore WRS part in form at all, if I apply 5 years after May 2011?
yeah, what to do with this :?:
because the form does ask at some point for details when you've FIRST came to UK so it would be untrue to just fill out the details from when your qualifying period started (i.e May 2011) right? :?

I've read a really interesting thing here: https://www.freemovement.org.uk/how-to- ... ign=buffer
about which form to use for PR as well:
[quote]The 85 page EEA(PR) form does not have to be used because the right of permanent residence is an automatic and inherent one that depends on whether you an application to the UK Home Office or the form that you use if you do apply. As discussed in the ebook, there are no mandatory forms for applying for EU residence documents.

However, the payment page from the EEA(PR) must be used if applying (page 6) and if a third country national family member is applying then the biometric information pages should also be completed (pages 8 to 13).

The old 41 page EEA3 can be used by EEA nationals to apply instead or a covering letter could be used. The EEA3 is far less intrusive than the EEA(PR).[/quote]

what do you guys think...? it does seem easier and it doesn't contain the part about unlawful work (if you had failed to register with WRS) :roll:

Basicman
Newly Registered

Post by Basicman » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:44 pm

'Happy' to see I'm not the only one. There is a new form, after 18th march, 2016, but WRS section is still there.
I think I will go for it, just to make sure there are 5 years, after WRS. However I believe my short period of unauthorized work might cast 'bad light' on to my application.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:54 pm

You could always apply without the form as you are not required to use any form (although it may speed up your application). Just send a letter stating you are asking for a DCPR on the basis of 5 years continuous work and residence after the WRS ended and send all required proof (i.e. proof of employment, proof of residence and the payment sheet etc.)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:39 am

There's an even shorter version of the EEA3 form from 2010 which is only 12 pages:

https://portal.mpsv.cz/eures/podminky/b ... /eea31.pdf

If you use this, remember to include the payment slip from the EEA(PR) form and if any non-EEA family members are applying too, include the biometric section.