ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married couple filling in visit visa forms.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ditsysarah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Married couple filling in visit visa forms.

Post by ditsysarah » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Both my husband and I have decided to visit our son in London for a few weeks in the summer. I'm in full time employment as a teacher while my husband has just retired but still receives monthly income from his shares and investments.

When filling out the Income and expenditure section on the visa form, do we divide the costs and savings between us on each form? or do we write the same figures?

For example in the following questions:

- How much do you spend each month on living costs?
- What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
- The total amount of money you have for this trip
- The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

Apologies if this has been answered before but i've unsuccessfully searched for the last few days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Married couple filling in visit visa forms.

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:14 pm

When do you plan on submitting your application? It is too early to submit now for a summer holiday in June-August.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ditsysarah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ditsysarah » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:22 pm

:oops: No i know it's early but i'm a bit OCD about these things and like to have everything sorted and ready before applying such as bank statements, letters from son, employers etc.

ditsysarah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ditsysarah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:03 pm

Its March now :shock: and still no help...please? anyone i really don't want our visa to get rejected just because i entered the wrong figures :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:35 pm

We cannot guess for you what the figures should be. You need to write truthful answers. There is no 'standard template amount' that you can put in.

You can add additional information or a covering letter explaining the joint costs etc if you put the same 'overall' figures in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ditsysarah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ditsysarah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't mean what actual amount to put it as I have all real figures from bills and bank statements. As i explained in my first post I was confused over whether to put in for example the same 'living costs' in both mine and my husbands application such as putting £400 in both or whether as they are two separate forms writing £200.

But I'll do what you suggested and write the same figure and explain in a cover letter that its a joint figure.

Thank you again