ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jignesh455

Re: Applying for British Passport online

Post by jignesh455 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:10 pm

hi please anyone confrim that we have to send our existing passport while applying for british passport. As per my knowledge and research following documents need to send
1) 2 passport photos out of one is counter signature
2) Naturalisation certificate
3) confuse to send passport or not??

your advise will be appreciated. Thanks
jignesh

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:28 am

jignesh455 wrote:hi please anyone confrim that we have to send our existing passport while applying for british passport. As per my knowledge and research following documents need to send

Yes you should send your existing foreign passport.

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:38 pm

rc0906 wrote:Hi

Need help please.

On the declaration form next to CounterSignature is a box on that page that am not sure if I need to fill in. Its the box on the right hand side of the form that says (Relationship of applicant to intended passport holder) Do i need to fill this as well please?

Thanks for your help

Just had a confirmation from my counter-signatory that he received a phone call from passport office to confirm his Passport number on the form as he missed that information whilst filling the page 3.

They called him and took his details over the phone and as he knows me by my nick name he confirmed that when they asked him what my full name was. I don't think that will go down very well but i shall keep you updated.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:28 pm

ScopeD wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:hi please anyone confrim that we have to send our existing passport while applying for british passport. As per my knowledge and research following documents need to send

Thanks for your response and what extra should be in consideration while making application please?
jignesh

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:12 pm

rc0906 wrote:Just had a confirmation from my counter-signatory that he received a phone call from passport office to confirm his Passport number on the form as he missed that information whilst filling the page 3.

They called him and took his details over the phone and as he knows me by my nick name he confirmed that when they asked him what my full name was. I don't think that will go down very well but i shall keep you updated.
Well funny story - my guy is working for the local council and I know him for three years. I never EVER knew his real name as everyone - including his wife, calls him by a nickname .. I forgot to make a copy of the form so I actually had to ask him what his real name is in case they ask. It is the 'reverse' from your situation - but I don't think knowing someone for a long time just by a nick name is too uncommon.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:15 pm

jignesh455 wrote:
ScopeD wrote:

Thanks for your response and what extra should be in consideration while making application please?
Extra ? The best thing is to read the guidance. FOr instance, I didn't quite and it says that grand parents details are not required for naturalised citizens. Now I did put them in - or tried - and even explained that Iam missing some information.

So I didnt have to - BUT- because I did - it is likely to be part of the interview - which is bad because it took my parents and myself hours trying to figure out the dates so it seems I need to even learn the details which weren't required in the first place.

In terms of documents - if if you applied online, then the form will have a checklist of documents required (taillored to your situation).

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:11 pm

i was also puzzled by the amount of info they ask about parent and grandparents
i mean if you naturalise (like in my case) what does it matter when my grandparents were born and when they got married etc
I only filled in the names of my grandfathers as i found the rest of the information to be unnecessary

I was asked to post my declaration at HER MAJESTYS PASSPORT OFFICE (O N L UK), PO BOX 633, DURHAM, DH97 1AA
Anyone else had theirs there?
I sent it next day and the status updated to documents received - processing application
Im hopeful to get my passport by Easter (24th March) is that realistic?
(applied 01/03)

Argh - one last hill to climb and am done with the HO and HMPO etc :)

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Also - had anyone received their passport in 2016 and keen to post some pix (of course not the page with their info)
Just curios to see if they are now releasing the new design (revealed in Nov) or is still the old one
also is the validity of the passport 10y or 5 y?

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi,
I filled online applications for a family of 4 (me, DH and our two kids ages 6yrs and 1month ). Can someone please help me?

1. Do I send all the declaration forms, supporting documents etc in ONE envelope or separate envelope for each applicant?

2. Regarding the box "Relationship of applicant to intended passport holder" and the box under it. My understanding is that these two boxes will be empty for the adults and for the kids, I write "mother" in the first box and my name in the box below. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

3. Regarding the box "Applicant to sign" - My understanding is that I (parent) need to sign for the kids. Please confirm

4. My daughter (age 6) was born in India. She has Indian passport and was on ILR. Now she is registered as a UK citizen. Do I need to send her birth certificate too?

5. My son was born in the UK when we (parents) were on ILR. My understanding is that its sufficient if I send ONE parent's ILR as a proof of his claim to British Citizenship. Please confirm.

6. On the declaration form, there is a space for photograph at the right bottom of the page. Do I glue or staple the photograph here? I assume its the uncertified photograph.

Thank you.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Gomjaba wrote:
rc0906 wrote:Just had a confirmation from my counter-signatory that he received a phone call from passport office to confirm his Passport number on the form as he missed that information whilst filling the page 3.

Well funny story - my guy is working for the local council and I know him for three years. I never EVER knew his real name as everyone - including his wife, calls him by a nickname .. I forgot to make a copy of the form so I actually had to ask him what his real name is in case they ask. It is the 'reverse' from your situation - but I don't think knowing someone for a long time just by a nick name is too uncommon.
So does that mean we should not consider grand parents detail. Am I right? Thanks in advance
jignesh

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:28 am

I have to say i am very impressed (so far) by the online application process
Applied online on 1st March, sent signed declaration, pix, countersigner and docs on 2nd March
Yesterday (7march) got back the docs - now awaiting for interview letter

anyone knows how long that takes to arrive?

:arrow:

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:47 am

Interview booked for 16 March
had to book for freagging Reading as there was no availability for London until 24th March :evil:

Anyways - nearly there

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:01 pm

london2tim wrote:I have to say i am very impressed (so far) by the online application process
Applied online on 1st March, sent signed declaration, pix, countersigner and docs on 2nd March

I applied 25th, sent documents 2nd of March ... but I have yet to get my documents back .. I guess it doesn't REALLY matter because the only documents they would send back are / is surely the naturalisation certificate and I don't think it is ever needed again once I got the passport.

Interview in the 15th - had to phone myself .. still no interview letter either though ...

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Gomjaba wrote:
london2tim wrote:I have to say i am very impressed (so far) by the online application process

I applied 25th, sent documents 2nd of March ... but I have yet to get my documents back .. I guess it doesn't REALLY matter because the only documents they would send back are / is surely the naturalisation certificate and I don't think it is ever needed again once I got the passport.

Interview in the 15th - had to phone myself .. still no interview letter either though ...
Where is your interview? In London they had no availability till 25March...

Re the documents - am sure they will send them back and your naturalisation certificate is in fact more important as the passport
if you lose you passport you will need the citizen certificate (it acts like a birth certificate)

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Peterborough. Right, about the documents, strangely, and I didn't expect that, I received my foreign passport back todat, alongside my certificate. Assumed they keep the passport but I guess because it is a EU paasport, they send it back as I am from the EU and by default we seem to have Dual Citizenship.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:59 pm

jignesh455 wrote:
Gomjaba wrote:

So does that mean we should not consider grand parents detail. Am I right? Thanks in advance
Do reply my query if you can please?
jignesh

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:30 pm

I would only put their names if you remember - but nothing more
they use the information for ID at the interview (eg: ask you whats your grandad name etc)

But that all really

oms2000
Newly Registered

Post by oms2000 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Hello
can i apply for child passport with out registration certificate because Iam still waiting for approval
thanks

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:09 am

oms2000 wrote:Hello
can i apply for child passport with out registration certificate because Iam still waiting for approval
thanks
NO

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:48 pm

What's the quickest way to apply fot your first passport?? Online, check and send or Postal??

jimbo555
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo555 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:25 am

Hi guys,

Can somebody please give an advice. I have my Naturalisation approval letter, but the Ceremony is in two weeks. Can I already apply for the British Passport, or do I need to wait until I will get my Citizenship Certificate? In the on-line form they ask for the Citizenship Certificate number, if I will leave it blank for now, will I be able to provide it later, once I have it?

Thank you,

jxn
Newly Registered

Post by jxn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 am

you will need to wait until your ceremony as you will not only need the certificate number but you will need to post the certificate to HMPO when you submit your application
Hi guys,

Can somebody please give an advice. I have my Naturalisation approval letter, but the Ceremony is in two weeks. Can I already apply for the British Passport, or do I need to wait until I will get my Citizenship Certificate? In the on-line form they ask for the Citizenship Certificate number, if I will leave it blank for now, will I be able to provide it later, once I have it?

Thank you,

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:49 am

You need to send the certificate to HMPO.

jimbo555
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo555 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks guys

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

Isn't it quicker to apply using check and send and then paying for special delivery return of your foreign passports?

I think most will be sending in their foreign passport and their naturalisation certificate and do you really want them documents being handled by Royal Mail standard service?