ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VinGam
Italy

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by VinGam » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks ohara,

When you said "acquired PR" does it mean I got it automatically? Event if I submitted my request after 6 years?
In may case, I have submitted documents starting from Feb 2010 so the employee at UKIV should write on my record:
PR status acquired: March 2015
PR date issue: whenever they issue it.

Is it correct?

I hope this is feasible as I may be able to apply before 2017 fee increase :D
I will talk to my solicitor too once I have more information.

Thanks
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:38 pm

I have found a nice article regarding the retroactive PR status.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/eu-nati ... lications/

that article does an example
Cecile is a French national. She has resided in the UK since 2002 as a worker; she found a job within weeks of arriving and has worked more or less continuously ever since, with a short break of a few weeks between jobs.
She automatically acquired the right of permanent residence in 2007, five years after she entered the UK. She never applied for a permanent residence certificate because she did not need to.
Worried about the possibility of the UK leaving the EU, she decides to naturalise as a British citizen. She applies for a permanent residence certificate in January 2016 and it is issued in March 2016. As soon as she has the permanent residence certificate, she is eligible to apply for naturalisation (assuming she meets the other criteria, such as good character). This is because she now has a permanent residence certificate and she has had permanent residence since 2007, which is more than the required 12 months.

Now, how do I communicate to the home office I gained before the issue date? Should I refer to the date the UKIV added as PR granted date? Or just fill the Section 2 of the AN form?
EEA DCPR timeline
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

MikUK
Newly Registered

Post by MikUK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi everybody

I was about to post everything and then I read cases of refusal because of the CSI...

I have been living in the UK since January 2010. My first 3 months I was studying, and then I met my wife and stayed (self sufficient + jobseekers) until I found my job in september 2010 and still working with the same company.
When I arrived I had my EHIC card from Spain, but I threw it away when I got my British EHIC (when I was already employed)

How can I prove I had CSI? can I put a note saying that the evidence is gone? very worried about this. Do I really need to put evidence for them first 8 months when I have been working 5 years straight?

I am married to a British, so once I have a 5 year permanent residence status I am good to apply for naturalisation.

Thanks

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 pm

How many yearsto work in five years? and ar you eu?

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:18 pm

MikUK wrote:Hi everybody

I was about to post everything and then I read cases of refusal because of the CSI...

I have been living in the UK since January 2010. My first 3 months I was studying, and then I met my wife and stayed (self sufficient + jobseekers) until I found my job in september 2010 and still working with the same company.
When I arrived I had my EHIC card from Spain, but I threw it away when I got my British EHIC (when I was already employed)

How can I prove I had CSI? can I put a note saying that the evidence is gone? very worried about this. Do I really need to put evidence for them first 8 months when I have been working 5 years straight?

I am married to a British, so once I have a 5 year permanent residence status I am good to apply for naturalisation.

Thanks
sorry How many yearsto work in five years? and ar you eu?

MikUK
Newly Registered

Post by MikUK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:59 pm

Ciaocico wrote:

Thanks

Hi, I am from Spain, so EEA member. I have been here 6 years, working for more than 5 years continuously...but still think I have to comment on my self sufficient months??...

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:50 am

MikUK wrote:
Ciaocico wrote:

Thanks

Hi, I am from Spain, so EEA member. I have been here 6 years, working for more than 5 years continuously...but still think I have to comment on my self sufficient months??...
if no spend 450 day out uk in 5 year or non 180 day in 1 year and have p60 and bank statement go had in 6 week have pr good luck

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:45 am

VinGam wrote:Thanks ohara,

When you said "acquired PR" does it mean I got it automatically? Event if I submitted my request after 6 years?
In may case, I have submitted documents starting from Feb 2010 so the employee at UKIV should write on my record:
PR status acquired: March 2015
PR date issue: whenever they issue it.

Is it correct?

I hope this is feasible as I may be able to apply before 2017 fee increase :D
I will talk to my solicitor too once I have more information.

Thanks
Yes PR is automatic and there is no legal need to have any kind of documentation to say you have it. However since November last year, to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen you must have a document certifying permanent residence or a PR card (to make life easier for the caseworker).

If you started working in March 2010 and had no gaps or prolonged absences since then you will have PR in March 2015, no problem. UKVI EEA casework team will work it out when you send your EEA(PR) application in, and they do seem to know what they are doing.

The caseworker information database (CID) records the date of your actual PR alongside the card number so they can easily look it up.

As I said, I have been working since June 2007, applied for DCPR in December 2015, received it in February 2016, HO confirmed that my actual PR date is June 2012.

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:29 pm

I sent my request to send my documents back 9 days ago but still nothing. Also I am still waiting for email confirmation. Application sent 22/2/16, received 24/2/16. Any idea how could I get my documents back?

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Stefan7 wrote:I sent my request to send my documents back 9 days ago but still nothing. Also I am still waiting for email confirmation. Application sent 22/2/16, received 24/2/16. Any idea how could I get my documents back?
I received my confirmation email after 20 days. Please, share your timeline in this way:

Documents sent: DATE
Documents received: DATE
Payment taken: DATE
Confirmation email received: DATE
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: DATE
DCPR received: DATE

I have got mine in my signature.
EEA DCPR timeline
Naturalisation timeline

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:49 pm

VinGam wrote:
Stefan7 wrote:I sent my request to send my documents back 9 days ago but still nothing. Also I am still waiting for email confirmation. Application sent 22/2/16, received 24/2/16. Any idea how could I get my documents back?
I received my confirmation email after 20 days. Please, share your timeline in this way:

Documents sent: DATE
Documents received: DATE
Payment taken: DATE
Confirmation email received: DATE
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: DATE
DCPR received: DATE

I have got mine in my signature.
Documents sent: 22/2/16
Documents received: 24/2/16
Payment taken: 1/03/16
Confirmation email received: NA
Documents requested back: 7/03/16
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: NA
DCPR received: NA

Cleberuk
Newly Registered

Post by Cleberuk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi everyone

Does anyone got any news to share about PR?
I've applied for EEA(PR) on 29/09/2015, l've received the COA in October. I'm still awaiting for HO's decision.

Have a good weekend everyone.

prcame
Newly Registered

Post by prcame » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Cleberuk wrote:Hi everyone

Does anyone got any news to share about PR?
I've applied for EEA(PR) on 29/09/2015, l've received the COA in October. I'm still awaiting for HO's decision.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Hi i applied 30th of sept. 2015 and i got my wife and son DCPR and a letter that i have PR (non eea) 10 working days i will receive my biometric card. Hopefully you should get yours. My one dated
back 28th of February.

Cleberuk
Newly Registered

Post by Cleberuk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi ya, thanks for the answer. I hope mine is on its way. :D

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:49 am

Does anyone EU citizen got any news to share about PR?
my last update email confirmation 26/02/2016

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Hello
Just want to let you know that I requested my documents back and I received today from H.O. after 9 days and I don't need to send them back.
I can travel now. :-)
Documents sent: 22/2/16
Documents received: 24/2/16
Payment taken: 1/03/16
Confirmation email received: NA
Documents requested back: 7/03/16
Documents received: 19/03/16
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: NA
DCPR received: NA

mayumi
Newly Registered

Post by mayumi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Hello everyone
I've been following this forum for a while and I am very thankful to all the members who give their input and help people like me to go through their application.

Just wanted to share my timeline
Application sent: 20/02/16
Received: 23/02/16
Money taken: 26/03/16
Email received: 10/03/16
Biometrics received: 12/03/16 dated 09/03/16
Biometrics submitted: 14/03/16
COA received: 19/03/16 dated 17/03/16

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Does anyone EU citizen got any news to share about PR?
my last update email confirmation 26/02/2016

had66
Newly Registered

Post by had66 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my time line:

Documents sent: 1/2/2016
Documents received: 2/2/16
Payment taken: 3/2/16
Confirmation email received: 18/2/2016
Documents requested back: Will request it today
Documents received: N/A
DCPR dated: N/A
DCPR received: N/A

a bit worry now , it has been 48 days since the document received. I'll request the passports today.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:53 am

had66

hi ! if you re worried think that it s my 110 day.
I am an EEA waiting for my DCPR . I lived here for nearly 30 years and have 4 british kids here, did my uni here , worked here, no criminal record ...but I do have a muslim name. How do you think I feel now ?? especially that they made me miss the 17 of March deadline fee for applying for the Naturalisation.

had66
Newly Registered

Post by had66 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:09 am

beaujam90

I don't think there is a discrimination in the issue.
I can see that you are suffering and I wish you all the best and hope you will get it tomorrow.
May be its too early for me to say I'm worried, but I just wanted to share my time line for the benefit of the members.
I'll update if any change.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:40 am

had66

I hope you get it soon.
For me it looks like they will refuse. I do think they discriminate.
I lived here for too long to see how brits changed. Especially the bureaucracy people against the foreigners.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:37 am

beaujam90 wrote:had66

hi ! if you re worried think that it s my 110 day.
I am an EEA waiting for my DCPR . I lived here for nearly 30 years and have 4 british kids here, did my uni here , worked here, no criminal record ...but I do have a muslim name. How do you think I feel now ?? especially that they made me miss the 17 of March deadline fee for applying for the Naturalisation.
Hi,ar you receive email confirmation? Because norma aftter email 3 week pr dann

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:17 am

Ciaocico

Yes I did received the confirmation email 3 weeks after I sent the application.
Not everyone receives it.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:05 am

beaujam90 wrote:had66

I hope you get it soon.
For me it looks like they will refuse. I do think they discriminate.
I lived here for too long to see how brits changed. Especially the bureaucracy people against the foreigners.
You are entitled to residence documentation under EU law, they can't refuse, especially not because you have a "Muslim name". Please stop playing the discrimination card, it's getting really boring now :roll:

Your DCPR will come eventually, the fact that you have lived here for 30 years is probably why it is taking so long, because it requires a bit more effort on the part of the caseworker than for example someone who has only lived here 5 years and has a clear cut case.