ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for BC as a EEA parent of British Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peter_pedro
Newly Registered

Apply for BC as a EEA parent of British Child

Post by peter_pedro » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi,

I am from an EU country and have been living in the UK for over 10 years but have not applied for PR card, my child got her British passport as a birth right (this year) in virtue of me being a long term uk resident exercising EEA treaty rights. I had to send in paper work proving this, going back 5 years before her birth, etc

I would like to naturalise as a British citizen but have discovered that the PR card is necessary, now given that my child is British, can I apply as family member of a British citizen? Or am I forced to get this card, if I do it seems ludicrous, given that I have already proved my status for my child's passport.

Please advise
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Apply for BC as a EEA parent of British Child

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:14 pm

You need formal confirmation of your PR before applying for BC.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:14 am

peter_pedro wrote:I had to send in paper work proving this, going back 5 years before her birth, etc
Same thing for PR card, send in evidence of 5 years exercising treaty rights for a period ending at least 12 months ago. Cost is £65 and takes 6-8 weeks for EEA nationals. Unfortunately having a British citizen child confers no special rights for the parent as regards to obtaining British citizenship themselves.

Once you have the DCPR, you are able to apply for naturalisation immediately. Be aware that from tomorrow the cost of this application will be £1236.

peter_pedro
Newly Registered

Post by peter_pedro » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:08 am

OK, thanks for clarifying that. I was hoping that would at least save me having to apply for the PR card.

Jesus, I cant believe they have increased the prices again in less than a year! :(

peter_pedro
Newly Registered

Post by peter_pedro » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:19 am

Slightly off topic, am I required to provide biometrics for the PR/BC applications as EU citizen? Thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 am

PR - no
BC - yes