ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General to ILR points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohramzan

Tier 1 General to ILR points

Post by mohramzan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello there
I am going to apply for ILR in couple of days after finishing 5 years on tier 1 general. I asked the same question but was not responded so sorry for being redundant.
I believe i need 80 points(1st extension April 2011), plus Life in the UK and English assessment.
For first extension i claimed 30 points for Bsc degree and 25 points for earnings(40K+)
in 2013 I claimed 35 points for UK master degree and 25 points for earnings as my solicitor insisted on it but case worker in croyden said i can claim 20 points for 35K+ as i have a master degree.
Now applying for ILR and can i go with 20 points for my earnings or should i stick to 1st extension claimed points(25 points ----> 40K+).

your kinds words will be much appreciated.

regards

mohramzan

Re: Tier 1 General to ILR points

Post by mohramzan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:47 am

Please can you respond. Is it a really basic and foolish looking question or its that complicated that no one has any idea?

Regards

Forgive me for being impatient

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:59 pm

You need not show 40k+ now just because you did so in an earlier extension. Its ok to show lesser salary now as long as you meet the threshold of 80 points.

How much points you need to qualify depends on the date of application of your 1st entry clearance.
Cheers,
OR

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:49 am

Thanks O_Relly, my first extension was approved in April 2011 so threshold is 80 points.

regards