ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with timeline for SET(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tensailee

Post by tensailee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:06 am

Dear all, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me with this simple query!

I was issued (outside the UK) with an Entry Clearance (or Leave to Entre) based on marriage/CP, which is valid from 05/09/2007, and expires on 05/09/2009.

I arrived at London Heathrow 10 days after the start date of my visa, on 15/09/2007 (stamped by immigration on arrival).

Question is: when will I be able to apply for ILR using SET(M)?

Does the normal 28-day rule still apply (i.e. can only apply for extension/ILR up to 28 days before the expiry date of current leave)?

If so, is it 28 days before 05/09/2009, or 28 days before 15/09/2009?

Thanks so much!!! :0)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:28 am

You may apply for ILR on Application type SET(M) before 05/09/2009, but no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) prior to 15/09/2009.

Don't forget to look at the requirements of the form SET(M) and SET(M) guidance as soon as possible. Among other things, you will have to collect at least 20 documents over the two-year period and satisfy the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tensailee

Re: Help with timeline for SET(M) application

Post by tensailee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:20 am

vinny wrote:You may apply for ILR on Application type SET(M) before 05/09/2009, but no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) prior to 15/09/2009.

Don't forget to look at the requirements of the form SET(M) and SET(M) guidance as soon as possible. Among other things, you will have to collect at least 20 documents over the two-year period and satisfy the Knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirements.
Thanks very much for your reply!

And thanks for reminding me about the document requirements. I am well aware of these, and have not disposed of any correspondence which has our names, address and dates on. Fingers crossed! :D

And I've already passed the Life in the UK test in Jan 2007!