ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPron Methd Hlp neded being studnt previusly but B/C spz now

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

extrovert

Post by extrovert » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:14 am

Hi All

I entered in UK as an overseas student from Pakistan on 05/2004. Stayed in UK for 5 months and went back due to family problems. Came back to UK on 12/2004 and started MBA in a public funded university as an international student as I was granted a student visa for three years.I finished my course and got married to a British citizen and got my two years visa stamped on 02/2007.
Now I have just passed my 'life in the UK test' last week. I am due to apply for ILR before 02/2009.
I wonder if anybody can help with couple of my questions.Any help would be much appreciated.

q1. Can I apply for Naturalisation now as I have lived in the country for the more than last three years being married to British citizen?
q2. Do I need to go through the normal procedure i.e Get ILR on 02/2009 and then apply for naturalisation after a year?

Note : on BIA website under the page of "Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen"
the requirements just states that I need to be resident in the UK for the last three years but it doesn't say that under which visa.

I was reading some of the PPron method topics but it seems really technical.

I will be really obliged by any comments as this forum has helped me a lot previously.

Looking forward for advice.

Kind regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 am

See also Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen and Chapter 18: Naturalisation at discretion and Ppron Naturalisation Method.

You can be resident under any visa.
Requirements for naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen wrote:Breach of immigration laws during residential qualifying period

You must have been in the United Kingdom legally throughout the residential qualifying period. We may refuse your naturalisation application if you have breached the immigration laws during the residential qualifying period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.