ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on FLR O application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

knucks

Advice on FLR O application

Post by knucks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:18 am

Dear Seniors,

I intend to file flr (o) on 15th May to buy 3 months' time to qualify for ILR on 10 year route. My questions are:

1. I'm aware that there is no in country right of appeal on flr (o) applications. I would like to know if this is a set rule that applies to all applications or can it vary from case to case, if the case has merit ?

2. Under what circumstances the HO issues the 7 days removal notice ? I have come across some threads where the removal notice was also issued at the time of refusal.

3. Also, please advise if I proceed to Admin Review, will the clock stop at refusal of flr(o) or will it stop at unfavourable AR decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on FLR O application

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:11 am

If you have applied for FR(O) for the sole purpose of 'buying time', a refusal will be absolute and probably no appeal right. What reasoning did you provide in the form to explain on what basis you qualify for FLR(O)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 am

CR001 wrote:If you have applied for FR(O) for the sole purpose of 'buying time', a refusal will be absolute and probably no appeal right. What reasoning did you provide in the form to explain on what basis you qualify for FLR(O)?

he hasnt applied yet .. he will in may ..

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:07 am

CR001 wrote:If you have applied for FR(O) for the sole purpose of 'buying time', a refusal will be absolute and probably no appeal right. What reasoning did you provide in the form to explain on what basis you qualify for FLR(O)?
im in a similar fold... what constitutes an appeal right and how long before a decision is being reached on such apications , i was looking more toward flr fp .....unless O is more credible. coming three months short really

many thanks

knucks

Post by knucks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:20 pm

haris_zam wrote:

Thanks haris_zam for the clarification.

Dear CR001,

My tier 2 sponsor is currently suspended and my employer intends to file the interim relief if the suspension leads to revocation. Therefore, my reasoning would be on two grounds.

1. A letter from my employer confirming that I have been employed with them for last 9 years & 9 months and they still require my services.

2. Assuming interim relief is granted, I will apply for flr o, and will request HO with my covering letter to put my application on hold until the final decision is made on the company.

knucks

Post by knucks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:50 pm

haris_zam wrote:
im in a similar fold... what constitutes an appeal right and how long before a decision is being reached on such apications , i was looking more toward flr fp .....unless O is more credible. coming three months short really

many thanks
Dear haris_zam,

I myself am very confused between FLR O & FLRFP as to which application I should submit.

Initially I was also thinking to file the FLRFP, however after meeting a barrister last week I am not considering FLRFP option as a safe bet. He advised that i should file relevant application, incase they refuse i will then have grounds to fight, i can always file the FLRFP afterwards but don't forget the lawful residency stops if they refuse any application and you can resume it only after u win it in court.

He said no point filing the wrong application which will not let us argue in the court in future.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:27 pm

knucks wrote:
haris_zam wrote:

many thanks
Dear haris_zam,

I myself am very confused between FLR O & FLRFP as to which application I should submit.

Initially I was also thinking to file the FLRFP, however after meeting a barrister last week I am not considering FLRFP option as a safe bet. He advised that i should file relevant application, incase they refuse i will then have grounds to fight, i can always file the FLRFP afterwards but don't forget the lawful residency stops if they refuse any application and you can resume it only after u win it in court.

He said no point filing the wrong application which will not let us argue in the court in future.
hi knucks please check inbox..

knucks

Post by knucks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 pm

knucks wrote:
haris_zam wrote:

Thanks haris_zam for the clarification.

Dear CR001,

My tier 2 sponsor is currently suspended and my employer intends to file the interim relief if the suspension leads to revocation. Therefore, my reasoning would be on two grounds.

1. A letter from my employer confirming that I have been employed with them for last 9 years & 9 months and they still require my services.

2. Assuming interim relief is granted, I will apply for flr o, and will request HO with my covering letter to put my application on hold until the final decision is made on the company.

Any comments CR001 ???