ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Tier 2 - Absences from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ratapita

ILR- Tier 2 - Absences from UK

Post by ratapita » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Hello All,

I am hoping to apply for ILR in April on Tier 2 ( General ) 5 year route. The following is rather puzzling for me and I would be grateful for your thoughts :

The SET (O) application requires a letter from employer detailing reasons for work-related absences from the UK including periods of paid annual leave.

In my case the only absences from the UK , was on Annual Leave , and I do not spend all my annual leave outside the UK. But obviously my employer has no way of certifying formally which days of my annual leave were spent outsider of the UK !

My boss has asked me to draft the required letter.
As the requirement is to -not have more than 180 days of absences from the UK within any 12 months- I am thinking of drafting along the lines of -
" Mr. ratapita's total annual leave taken from -
xx April 2016- xx April 2015 is xx days
xx April 2015- xx April 2014 is xx days "

This should prove that my maximum absences from the UK is less than 180 days , even if I had spent all my annual leave outside the UK .
I also noticed that on the FAQ's sticky thread an extract from an interim guidance to case-workers was posted which said if there is no employer letter included with the application , and the absences are less than 30 days , then this is ok, as this is commensurate with Annual Leave.

Does the above draft sound right to you or am I missing something ?

Any thoughts much appreciated !- Thanks

O_Relly

Re: ILR- Tier 2 - Absences from UK

Post by O_Relly » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:02 am

That sounds right. The employer letter does not actually even need to detail all the annual leave you have taken over the last 5 years, coz you annual entitlement xould be spread over the year even as 1 or 2 days.

It is enough to just mention the block of holidays during which you travelled outside the UK. Ofcourse there is no way for the employer to certify that you were outside the country, this is just a mechanism for the ukba to be satisfies that you were on annual paid holiday and that ties up with your days outside the uk.

In the case of work related travel then employer will be able to certify that.

The format is fine.
Cheers,
OR

ratapita

Re: ILR- Tier 2 - Absences from UK

Post by ratapita » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Many thanks for your input- much appreciated ! :D