ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karg_g

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by karg_g » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi,

I applied for my 2nd Child MN1 (3) through Wandsworth NCS, JCAP. He is just 4 months old, so had a tough time getting his picture for bio-metrics at the post office.

Timelines Below:
Date Applied : 03-Mar-16
Date Received : 04-Mar-16
Money Taken : 16-Mar-16 as per Bank, under transaction shows as 15-Mar-16
Email confirmation with Case ID: 16-Mar-16
Biometrics Letter Recd: 18-Mar-16
Biometrics Done : 19-Mar-16
Passport Fee Taken: 21-Mar-16 ( however under the banking transaction it shows as up as 18-Mar)

I applied through Wandsworth NCS after seeing many positive reviews and also until mid last year we used to live there.

Hoping for quick turnaround :)
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi karg_g

Please post your timeline in March 2016 thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 04445.html

Sorry2

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by Sorry2 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:16 am

Hi,
I asked this before but I didn't get clear answer, i would really appreciate your help on this,
How long does it take to receive your passport after ceremony through the joint pilot application. I had my ceremony on the 29th of Feb, I called HMPO again today they told me they have no record at all for my passport.
I did use different councils for application and ceremony.
application at Brent council and ceremony at Westminster council.

Thank you so much for your time.

Please advise what i can do now

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi All ,

Just recieved my approval from HO . Need to book the ceremony soon .

Whishing the very best to every one who is waiting for the Brown Envelop .

My Timeline is as follows :

Eligibility criteria: 5 years residence + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK NARIC assessment and Degree Certificate
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS - WandsWorth ( Combined AN+ Passport)
Date of application: 25/01/2016
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/01/2016-Royal Mail special delivery has been delivered to the Liverpool UKVI Office
Date of acknowledgement: 09/02/2016 dated 05/02/2016
Date money gone off account: 05/02/2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 09/02/2016 dated 05/02/2016
Biometrics done: 11/02/2016
Date of approval: 12/03/2016 recieved the letter on 21/03/2016
Date of ceremony: TBC
Date applied for passports: 25/01/2016
Date passports received: TBC

I was one of the them who applied under the new rules for PP application ( No referee signatures requied on JCAP PP application )
I had PCNs(3) /FPNs (0) and I did not mention them in the Application , I was a director for 2 companies and provided all my LLC details on the application .

Regards,
Narsii

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Heartiest Congratulations to Narsii (Application date 25-01-2016) for his Naturalization application approval.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 pm

WOW

heartiest congratulations Narsii...

Really pleased to see your approval.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Heartiest Congratulations Narsii.

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:42 pm

I would also like to congratulate you Nasrii. I think you have been a good contributor to the board.
My timeline is exactly the same as yours (and of Kahaf - who got approval in 2 weeks) but still waiting... :(
Hope good news will drop on my door mat soon

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Thank you .

@Ka941, I think the approval process depends on how complex your application is , If you are a self-employed /soletrader, it would take a lillte more than being a director of LLC. Probably your approval is on its way .

Just to get an idea , give a call to your Local council ceremonies dept and ask if they have recieved the certificate ( Provide your HO ref number ) . These days the councils are recieving the certificates before the candidates recieve the approvals . I learnt that the councils get these certificates once in a week ( My council recieves the courier every friday ) . You could be lucky .

Regards,
Narsii

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Congratulations Narsii, wish you all the best. Thank you for your valuable contribution to this forum.

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Thank you ..

Whishing you a speedy approval :-)

Regards,
Narsii

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:52 pm

manav1111 wrote:
srivisaN wrote:Hi manav1111,

I just called the lady at NCS. Are you the same person who called her a 1 week back. She told that someone already called her last week with this kind of issue.

I think she already checked with home office, they said that there might be 2 possible issues..

1. Error with the passport payment form (if this is the case they will try to contact you and ask you to do the payment)
2. Initially they used to take passport fee first and AN fee, now they are taking AN fee first and then passport fee. In either case they asked her to wait till the Ceremony is finished.

Unfortunately she asked me to wait for 2 more weeks and if things didn't move asked me to call back so that she will call HO again.

Yes, I called them a week back. Got the same reply as you. Not sure if I believe that though, I think, this is an issue with how they send / mark the application.

Anyways, can't do much really, will call her again in 2 weeks. At least with 2 persons calling, there will be some pressure on her to do something.
We should have gone by the reviews and should have applied at Brent/Wandsworth/Hackney.

All we can do is wait, please let me know if you have any further updates.

Thanks,
Sri.
Finally, I got my Passport fee cleared on 18th March. I couldn't able to wait for long time to contact NCS again. So I sent an email to "nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" explaining my case (given ref nos, date of application, NCS name etc.,) and requesting to check my passport payment status (but not my application status, as they simply refuse and ask to wait minimum 6 months) as it is not cleared for long time after the application.

They were helpful and sent my details to Passport office, and surprisingly my passport fee was cleared on the same day. I called passport office customer service today to crosscheck, they said that they received my passport application on 18th March only (think it is struck somewhere at Home Office all this time).

Cheers,
Sri.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Hello,

Can anyone please advise how many days we have after the approval letter to book the ceremony. Does the approval letter date contain the date of the ceremony or do we have to book it ourselves.

The reason I ask is because I am planning to be away for 2 weeks and concerned what would happen if the brown envelope arrives while I am away.

Thanks

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:16 pm

You have 21 days to contact the local council to book your ceremony . No dates are mentioned in the letter . But you will recieve a letter from local council about tentative / available dates for your ceremony and a checklist . You have to contact your local council if you want to change it .
Sofiathefirst wrote:Hello,

Can anyone please advise how many days we have after the approval letter to book the ceremony. Does the approval letter date contain the date of the ceremony or do we have to book it ourselves.

The reason I ask is because I am planning to be away for 2 weeks and concerned what would happen if the brown envelope arrives while I am away.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Sofiathefirst wrote:Can anyone please advise how many days we have after the approval letter to book the ceremony. Does the approval letter date contain the date of the ceremony or do we have to book it ourselves.
Within 21 days. Some councils will directly advise you of your ceremony date (which you can call to rearrange if the proposed date is unsuitable), and in other cases, your home office approval/invitation letter will ask you to call your council to book your ceremony yourself.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Thank you very much

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:55 pm

narsii wrote:Hi All ,

Just recieved my approval from HO . Need to book the ceremony soon .

Whishing the very best to every one who is waiting for the Brown Envelop .

My Timeline is as follows :

Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/01/2016-Royal Mail special delivery has been delivered to the Liverpool UKVI Office
Date of ceremony: TBC

I was one of the them who applied under the new rules for PP application ( No referee signatures requied on JCAP PP application )
I had PCNs(3) /FPNs (0) and I did not mention them in the Application , I was a director for 2 companies and provided all my LLC details on the application .

Regards,
Narsii
Many congratulations. Very happy to hear that. I genuinely feel good when someone get an approval. Waiting for more approvals to follow.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:08 am

Good Job HO we need record approvals at the time of Easter. :lol:
Come on give us speedy approvals :lol:
*The gravity*

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:53 am

Booked my Ceremony

Date of ceremony: 23/03/2016 (Private ceremony )

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Just as we the whole family is waiting for the Brown envelope and just recalling our experience in the Brent NCS.

The lady who dealt our case said that our application ( Mine , my Husaband and my daughters MN1) will be dealt as a family application.

We received one acknoledgement letter mention the combined fee for all three ( I used one card to make payments on the three forms)
Also we received the 3 biometrics letter in separate envelopes on the same day.

Please any family applied through JCAP process can share their experience.

Thanks in advance.

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:48 pm

As requested by Tehmina. ..

My experience with the NCS Cheltenham. ..me and my son applied together. ..and we also got a single acknowledgement letter stating that the fees was taken for me and my son s application together. ..

As regards to the biometric letter ...I received 2 letters ..one for me and one for my son ..

So total we received 3 brown envelopes from the home office so far ....
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER - 1
BIOMETRICS REQUEST LETTER - 2

hope that helps. ..:)
zunera

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:55 am

Thanks Zunera for the reply.

Basically I wanted to know as the lady at the Bent NCS told us that HO will consider our application as family application

We all three have given the biometrics at the same time

After that our application will be dealt separately and will receive the the approval letter at the same time as was the case in biometrics.

Please can someone who applied along with family under JCAP and received approval can share their experience.

Thanks in advance.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 pm

During our appointmnet in NCS Brent advisor told us that HO will consider our application as family application

We all three have given the biometrics at the same time.

Just curoius to know that whether our application will be dealt separately and will receive the the approval letter at the same time as was the case in biometrics.

As one applicant who recently got approval told me that he received the approval at the same time including the kid and was advised that kids naturalization certificate can be collected at the same time after attending the ceremony.

Please someone who applied along with family under JCAP and received approval can share their experience and confirm the process.

Thanks in advance.

sweech02
Newly Registered

Post by sweech02 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 pm

HI All,

I have applied on 14th March.

There is no sign of fees deduction.

Is it normal or do I have to start panicking ?

Thanks

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Useful Info ,

I , Today enquired the passport office about my passport application and got updated that " We are waiting for information from HO about your approval " , and further I learnt that the HO sends communication to HMPO every 20 days and the current cycle started 11 days ago .

This allows me to make an educated guess that , people who applied using JCAPS will receive their passports after 20 days from the day they attended their ceremony .

I attended my ceremony on 23rd of march , hence I may receive my passport around 20th of April .

I think this post will provide some timeline for people who are applying using the JCAPS .

Regards,
Narsii