ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MGH
BANNED

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by MGH » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:08 am

Ameen and keep us posted on your timeline, has your hubby done his TB test?

rajam

Post by rajam » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 am

binubinu wrote:
rajam wrote:
What were your reasons for refusal?
I have already posted my reason for refusal on page 58 of this thread, but to save you from going back to it, I have copied and pasted it below:

"My reason for refusal was soo stupid, I am currently and have been employed by 1 company since 2013 and I am earning £22,000 p.a. and I supplied my employment contract, a letter from my employer and 6 months of wage slips & bank statements and the reason they gave for refusal was that I work for 3 different employers and earning less than £18,600!!!
Upon consulting with my lawyer we came to the conclusion that my documents were misplaced with someone else's and they have refused on that basis.
Which is outrageous as we pay so much in fees for them to not mess up like this. I am paying for a stupid mistake that they made."
Ita ridiculous that they do this, but im happy for you that the decision was overturned. I hope the same happens for me and everyone else.
Applied : 5th august 2015
Refused: 7th december 2015
Appealed: 28 december 2015
Deadline: 12 may 2016
Overturned: 2nd august
Passport submitted: 11th august
Still waiting...

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:10 am

MGH wrote:Ameen and keep us posted on your timeline, has your hubby done his TB test?
No he booked an appointment today and they gave him an appointment for 30th March.

Is there a time limit on submitting the passport? The date on the letter says 9th March but we received it today by email.
2nd Visa Application: 23/04/2015
Visa Refused: 07/09/2015
Appealed Lodged: 30/09/2015
Review Deadline: 15/02/2016
Review Overturned: 22/02/2016
Call in letter received via email: 21/03/2016
Passport submitted to VAC Islamabad: 07/04/2016

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:13 am

rajam wrote:
binubinu wrote:
rajam wrote:
What were your reasons for refusal?
I have already posted my reason for refusal on page 58 of this thread, but to save you from going back to it, I have copied and pasted it below:

"My reason for refusal was soo stupid, I am currently and have been employed by 1 company since 2013 and I am earning £22,000 p.a. and I supplied my employment contract, a letter from my employer and 6 months of wage slips & bank statements and the reason they gave for refusal was that I work for 3 different employers and earning less than £18,600!!!
Upon consulting with my lawyer we came to the conclusion that my documents were misplaced with someone else's and they have refused on that basis.
Which is outrageous as we pay so much in fees for them to not mess up like this. I am paying for a stupid mistake that they made."
Ita ridiculous that they do this, but im happy for you that the decision was overturned. I hope the same happens for me and everyone else.
I know it is ridiculous but what can we do? In Sha Allah I hope everyone on here gets reunited with their spouses very soon
Ameen

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:19 am

binubinu wrote:
MGH wrote:Ameen and keep us posted on your timeline, has your hubby done his TB test?
No he booked an appointment today and they gave him an appointment for 30th March.

Is there a time limit on submitting the passport? The date on the letter says 9th March but we received it today by email.

How crazy is that, an email dated 9th March and you receive it on the 21st, just goes to show how slack the whole process is, there is no time limit on submitting your passport, I advise everyone waiting for a call letter to have their TB certificate done beforehand, it saves time

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:22 am

MGH wrote:
binubinu wrote:

How crazy is that, an email dated 9th March and you receive it on the 21st, just goes to show how slack the whole process is, there is no time limit on submitting your passport, I advise everyone waiting for a call letter to have their TB certificate done beforehand, it saves time
I think they probably tried posting it, and then emailing it, maybe? But I agree with you, there is too much slack on their part.
Thanks for the advice and I hope you receive news of a call letter soon, In Sha Allah

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:30 am

Ameen and thanks for your duas

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:39 am

MGH wrote:Ameen and thanks for your duas
How do I pay the IHS Surcharge? I tried logging in and making payment through their government website but it says I need to make a visa application cuz I'm applying from outside UK

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 am

binubinu wrote:
How do I pay the IHS Surcharge? I tried logging in and making payment through their government website but it says I need to make a visa application cuz I'm applying from outside UK
Search visa4uk service, create new account and only full in the part till the IHS charge no need to complete application, you will be issued with a New GWF number provide that with passport, the website is currently undergoing some updates so is not available, keep trying till it works

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:27 pm

MGH wrote:
binubinu wrote:
Search visa4uk service, create new account and only full in the part till the IHS charge no need to complete application, you will be issued with a New GWF number provide that with passport, the website is currently undergoing some updates so is not available, keep trying till it works
That is such a long process! Are you sure that is the correct way of doing it? Won't they refuse to accept as it will be a different GWF number?

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:33 pm

There are other forum users who have paid in the same way, I'm sure they will shed some light on the matter,

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:52 pm

MGH wrote:There are other forum users who have paid in the same way, I'm sure they will shed some light on the matter,

Start a new application on visa4uk just obviously dont pay the visa fees

This will generate a new gwf. Make ihs payment u then get a ref number

Along with old gwf and new gwf and ihs ref number send a email to

islamabad.healthsurchargepayments@fco.gov.uk

Am sure this is the correct procedure
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 pm

2011maryam wrote:
MGH wrote:There are other forum users who have paid in the same way, I'm sure they will shed some light on the matter,

Thank you for your insight.

@MGH I'm sorry I just felt like it being such an unnecessary process to go through just to make a simple payment. They really are making us suffer through every bit of this process

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:03 am

2011maryam wrote:

Salaam everyone,

Below is the process of making IHS payment for those whose decisions have been overturned either in review stage or by judge after the hearing. Please note that once you receive your Call in letter, do not wait for their email or call about asking you to make IHS payment because they took 2 weeks just to tell me to make the payment.

Make a new account on visa4uk and complete it till the IHS payment. Once you have made the payment, email below details to (Islamabad.HealthSurchargePayments@fco.gov.uk);

Name, DOB, Passport number, Old GWF number, Old IHS reference, New GWF and new IHS number, Appeal number, Call in letter reference number and also tell them that your application has been overturned recently.

When you go to submit the passport, take your original passport, new TB test, 3 copies of call in letter and also print the IHS payment confirmation email on which it clearly shows your new IHS reference number. In sha Allah once you submit the passport, you then need to wait for a call from them for collection of passport.

Please note that you only have to pay for IHS on visa4uk form, not the application fee.

JazakAllah

Ouk23
Newly Registered

Post by Ouk23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Salaam

My timeline:
Applied: June 2015
Refused: September 2015
Reason of refusal: the ECO failed to review a document that was submtted with the application and claimed it had been ommitted
Appealed: October 2015
Review Deadline: 8th Feb, 2016
Decision overturned: 4th Feb, 2016 by ECM
Passport submitted: 10th Feb, 2016
IHS Payment made: 22nd march, 2016

I submitted the IHS payment on your advice even though i havnt been requested to do so yet by the ECO.

Very stressed at how long it is taking to stamp the passport. I have a feeling its not going to be good news and they will make an issue out of something else.

My thoughts are with my brothers and sisters going through the same ordeal

Ouk23
Newly Registered

Post by Ouk23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:30 pm

dcfitness wrote:
2011maryam wrote:

Salaam everyone,

Below is the process of making IHS payment for those whose decisions have been overturned either in review stage or by judge after the hearing. Please note that once you receive your Call in letter, do not wait for their email or call about asking you to make IHS payment because they took 2 weeks just to tell me to make the payment.

Make a new account on visa4uk and complete it till the IHS payment. Once you have made the payment, email below details to (Islamabad.HealthSurchargePayments@fco.gov.uk);

Name, DOB, Passport number, Old GWF number, Old IHS reference, New GWF and new IHS number, Appeal number, Call in letter reference number and also tell them that your application has been overturned recently.

When you go to submit the passport, take your original passport, new TB test, 3 copies of call in letter and also print the IHS payment confirmation email on which it clearly shows your new IHS reference number. In sha Allah once you submit the passport, you then need to wait for a call from them for collection of passport.

Please note that you only have to pay for IHS on visa4uk form, not the application fee.

JazakAllah

If you get any news my brother do let me know, our applications are pretty identical. Did they get in touch with you to make the IHS payment or did you just do that on your own accord?

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Salam everyone
I am currently preparing for my appeal hearing in April and after i got the hearing notice and the entry clearance manager review i am confused should i prepare my appeal against the officer who made the decision in the first place or against the manager who said some blabla about family life and the article 8 ?

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:21 pm

saturn 123789 wrote:Salam everyone
I am currently preparing for my appeal hearing in April and after i got the hearing notice and the entry clearance manager review i am confused should i prepare my appeal against the officer who made the decision in the first place or against the manager who said some blabla about family life and the article 8 ?
Your appeal needs to be prepared against the original reasons for refusal, do you have a solicitor?

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

MGH wrote:
saturn 123789 wrote:Salam everyone
Your appeal needs to be prepared against the original reasons for refusal, do you have a solicitor?
yes i have it and its him who keep preparing this against the manager review not the Eco.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:54 pm

The ECM has upheld the original reasons of refusal, please prepare the appeal addressing them, in my case 2 out of 3 reasons for refusal were upheld by the ECM, we prepared the appeal against the 2 remaining reasons for refusal, too be honest my solicitor was pretty slack, I dug out some recent cases with similar recent refusals that had been granted at upper tribunal, I used extracts from them to prepare my witness statement and used them in court.

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:22 pm

MGH wrote:The ECM has upheld the original reasons of refusal, please prepare the appeal addressing them, in my case 2 out of 3 reasons for refusal were upheld by the ECM, we prepared the appeal against the 2 remaining reasons for refusal, too be honest my solicitor was pretty slack, I dug out some recent cases with similar recent refusals that had been granted at upper tribunal, I used extracts from them to prepare my witness statement and used them in court.
how did you know wish refusal reason was upheld by the ecm?

Ouk23
Newly Registered

Post by Ouk23 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:28 pm

It depends, you dont need to prepare your appeal addressing anyone apart from the judge. Theres 3 possible scenarios (i can think of): 1. If the ecm has reiterated the eco's decision then address the judge and present your case in a manner where you are responding to the reasons for rejection. 2. Otherwise if the ecm has dismissed the eco's inital reasons for rejection but provided further reasons for rejection then address those in court. 3. If the ECM has provides FURTHER reasons for rejection on top of the ECO's then you need to address and respond to ALL the reasons for rejection.

Also there is a guide online (pretty sure its on the courts website) about how to prepare for the hearing. but you've got legal representation so you should be ok, nevertheless just have a read if you got time. Will help with confidence, and get rid of the nerves i guess

saturn 123789

Post by saturn 123789 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:18 pm

i 'am sending you the ecm review and could you tell me please if you understand that he does upheld something because i don't, my reasons of refusal were relationship not genuine and subsisting and financial requirement not met.
http://www.4shared.com/download/HymlcJm ... &lgfp=3000
http://www.4shared.com/download/hX9ul_E ... &lgfp=3000

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Ouk23 wrote:Salaam

My timeline:
Applied: June 2015
Refused: September 2015
Reason of refusal: the ECO failed to review a document that was submtted with the application and claimed it had been ommitted
Appealed: October 2015
Review Deadline: 8th Feb, 2016
Decision overturned: 4th Feb, 2016 by ECM
Passport submitted: 10th Feb, 2016
IHS Payment made: 22nd march, 2016

I submitted the IHS payment on your advice even though i havnt been requested to do so yet by the ECO.

Very stressed at how long it is taking to stamp the passport. I have a feeling its not going to be good news and they will make an issue out of something else.

My thoughts are with my brothers and sisters going through the same ordeal
W Salaam,

Don't worry. Its in the final stage and once call in letter is issued, they cannot make an issue out of anything. They are just taking their time. Be patient. In sha Allah they will contact us very soon to collect our passports. They usually take maximum 8 weeks to stamp the visa.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:35 pm

saturn 123789 wrote:i 'am sending you the ecm review and could you tell me please if you understand that he does upheld something because i don't, my reasons of refusal were relationship not genuine and subsisting and financial requirement not met.
http://www.4shared.com/download/HymlcJm ... &lgfp=3000
http://www.4shared.com/download/hX9ul_E ... &lgfp=3000

The ECM has upheld the original reasons for refusal, he has not added anything new, the human rights and article 8 paragraphs are standard, you must provide reasons in your witness statement and in court as to why you can't move to Morocco to be with your spouse.