ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matthew
Newly Registered

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER.

Post by matthew » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi this board is extremely good for people looking for information regarding there status or immigration problem, wonder if any one can provide me with some assisstant with my case.
My appeal was allowed on immigration grounds in july, received my determination letter after 7 days in which my appeal was allowed, Home office never appealed against judge deseicion, bascilly its been about 5 months and i still havent heard anything from home office,i called Home office they say is proccessing.
This was in country appeal for my partner.
any information much apprecaited...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:26 pm

In would get your MP involved to get this hurried up.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

matthew
Newly Registered

Post by matthew » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

thank you, i would be doing that soon

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:09 pm

MP is one option, usually slower and less efficient.

Chasing this yourself is another, usually faster and better.

Don't waste your time calling BIA Public Enquiries - they have no information whatsoever except what they can see on their screens - they cannot access the data.

Call the POU, which represented the HO. Ask them if they passed your file to the Appeals Implementation Unit. If not, ask why.

If no satisfactory response is received, write to the Appeals Customer Focus Team in Advance House. You will normally get a response within 5 working days - they are pretty good.

All the best

Jeff

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 pm

I disagree about the MP, but find it depends on the MP.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am

The suggestion was based personally on my own experience from the three different situations. I shall explain why.

MPs have to follow specific channels for their enquiries. These are usually slow due to too many MPs writing and too few workers allocated to deal with MPs enquiries at MP correspondence section. The 2005 statistics was that 30 days minimum waiting before the MPCS would look into the correspondence. MP address their correspondence to "FAO Section Manager" etc, i.e. they have no clue where they are writing to. It means that their correspondence will end up in a pile of letters, which will be waiting its turn to be allocated to someone to deal with.

When dealing with this yourself, you decide how to act and you are not limited by any instructions. You can write to one department, to another or contact any person at BIA including Assistant Directors. All of them will willingly help you and deal with your enquiry. It has been confirmed. They ACTUALLY DEAL with it personally or pass it on to their assistants for immediate action.

Furthermore, if you deal with your problem yourself, you get more respect from the BIA staff because you show that you are actually committed yourself in resolving the matter rather than waiting for someone to do it for you. It is another reason why your enquiry is dealt with quicker.

Very few people know about Customer Focus Team of Appeals Directorate, which has just been recently formed separately from the main BIA Complaints Unit. The people who work there address matters very fast.
To my knowledge, MPs have no clue about it.

My recommendations are therefore in the order of decreasing efficiency:

1. Deal with it yourself by approaching the relevant unit directly, contact the Assistant Director or SEOs of the unit or their secretaries.
2. Write to Customer Focus Team (former INDCU) with non-appeal related complaints, and to Customer Focus Team of the Appeals Directorate with all the queries regarding appeals.
3. Involve MP

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 am

Again, mI would say it depends on the MP. I have had some who are great, and some who are less so. Also, different MP's work in different ways - some write directly to the Minister, some will e-mail the ministerial correspondence unit.

I would say that first call the HOPOU, then call the determinations team, then involve the MP.

NB. I used to be a constituency caseworker, my mum has been for years and still is. Different people give these things different priorities. My mum is obviously brilliant and amazingly helpful, others don't seem to care.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

matthew
Newly Registered

Post by matthew » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:57 am

Really appreaciate ur time to reply Jeff and Victoria. How would i contact pou cant find there number.and how would i contact Appeals Customer Focus Team in Advance House. i have already invloved my mp its does take some time thay did get results for me before within 36 days of me getting in touch with them.
I did call this number 0870 606 7766. quiet a few times and all i was told was its proccessing and u will have to wait till home ofice contacts u,then i realise by looking through this board that its just an enquiry line, i cant find the number for pou to call them.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Going..going...gone!

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Matt, the POU address is on your Appeal Notice. Write to them first, FAO Operations Manager.

If you don't get a satisfactory response within 10 working days, write to:

Keith Lambert
Director
Customer Focus Team
Appeals Directorate
7th Floor, Advance House
15 Wellesley Road
Croydon, CR9 1AT

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers

Jeff

matthew
Newly Registered

Post by matthew » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:35 am

I emailed yesterday to the address Victoria posted yesterday, to my my surprise i received reply today.
They say they checked there records an can confirm that pou feltham is dealing with my appeal is for them to answer my enquiry.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Well done...they haven't replied to my query of a week ago!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Well done...they haven't replied to my query of a week ago!

Victoria
They are probably afraid of lawyers and solicitors :roll:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Seyed
Newly Registered

Post by Seyed » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:37 am

Hi every one

On 22 November 2007 my appeal were allowed by the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal for indefinite leave to remain.
i have not yet received a phone call regarding when they will send my passport over to me.
since the 22nd, i have managed to get accepted for a job interview, which is out side the UK (Austria). the interview is on the 7th Jan and i really need to attend it.
any help or advise regarding what should i do to get my passport including my stamp of visa, 3 weeks will be much appreciated!!

thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:00 pm

You need to e-mail the determinations team, but I doubt you'll have much luck getting hold of them this side of New Year.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

matthew
Newly Registered

Post by matthew » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Victoria and John thanks for your time and effort after lots of phone calls and getting in touch with my MP i finally got a reply from them.
They say due to administration error they did not attached my determination letter to my file now they do. Then i received a letter from AIU asking for my pictures and passport.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:03 pm

As with any bureaucratic organisation, it pays to keep on top of things and push things along when something gets stuck somewhere. Great news, Matthew.