ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coparation tax paid late during process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vgkotha
Newly Registered

Coparation tax paid late during process

Post by vgkotha » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 pm

I have applied for naturalisation along with my wife and child in November 2015.I got ILR through Tier 1 in 2014.I have paid my 2014-2015 corporation tax late as family member died in recently and i was away from UK for sometime.I have not received any defaults from HMRC as they were not aware of trading.I have informed HMRC about the delay and reason for it.I have cleared the corporation tax in March 2016 Which is 4 months late.HMRC dint charge me any penalty or interest for it.There no others issues .Recently in March 2016 i took SA302 which shows the dividends ..

I have submitted SA302 during application and the recent one was not included in it.

I guess Home office may be taking as corporation not paid and delaying the process.Is there is any chance of refusal for it .I need advise whether should contact Home Office and submit my new SA302 or shall wait for the decision.I am guessing the decision will take long time to verify the taxes from HMRC.

Please Advise.

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Coparation tax paid late during process

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm

It would be wise to delay your BC application until after you have regularised all tax issues with HMRC to avoid a costly refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vgkotha
Newly Registered

Post by vgkotha » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Casa wrote:It would be wise to delay your BC application until after you have regularised all tax issues with HMRC to avoid a costly refusal.
Application is in process already.I dint had any tax delays or issues with HMRC. My Accountant has informed HMRC about my situation and submitted taxes.

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:30 pm

It is confusing, sa 302 is your personal tax return. ct600 is for corporation tax you dont need to pay straight away. for example if your company year end finished in october 2015, you have time until october 2016 to pay that amount. i dont think this is a problem.