ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child after divorce

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAA

Child after divorce

Post by SAA » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi !

I will try to describe the situation in details. Father is a British citizen and mother holds ILR upon 2 year spousal visa. The child was born during their marriage.
The child has a dual nationality. The marriage had broken down and mother decided to divorce. What is going to happen with the child considering the fact that the woman wants to move to the country of her origin. Will the court allow her to take the 1.5 year old child? The baby and mum have a very close connection to each other, and it would be a big emotional shock for the little one even without considering the fact that mum will be very upset.
This is the sad question of my friend. She can not afford any legal advice so I am asking you here on her beharf. Does any law exist in her case?

Thank you

vinny

Child after divorce

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:37 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:40 am

The mother has a choice and can remain int he UK if she wishes. Perhaps this would be the best thing for the child, as then it will have contact with both parents.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SAA

Post by SAA » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi !

Thank you for reply ! I am not sure what she intends to do but as I understood she wants the baby to be with her.And IF she decides to come back, her child will go with her. She wants to be sure about it. A child can live without his father, but not without his mother

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:12 pm

SAA wrote:
A child can live without his father, but not without his mother
I think that is a disgusting attitude. I think that your friend is being selfish. She has a right to stay in the UK, and the ability to ensure that her child grows up knowing BOTH their parents. There are too many people in the world who have no contact with their fathers, and it is the child who suffers the most from this.

I sincerely hope that the courts do not allow this woman to take her child out of the country.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SAA

Post by SAA » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:37 pm

I do not know ... She just asked me, I can not force her to do anything