ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension quick questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Divu

Tier 2 Extension quick questions

Post by Divu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:11 am

Hello Friends and Experts!

I was wondering if you could help me out with couple of quick questions, while I am sat here breaking my head on a rather sad Saturday morning! :(

1. I am due to apply for my Tier 2 extension this August 2016 under the same employer and same job as my previous application. I assume I don't need to show any bank statements for maintaining my funds? I am unable to locate this information on Tier 2 policy guidance pdf.

2. My SOC code is 2137 as I am working as a web designer. According to last updated codes of practice, the experienced salary requirement is £23,400. Did MAC release anything in their statement of intent suggesting to increase this salary threshold after this April 2016? According to your experience is this likely to increase?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Divya

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Extension quick questions

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:09 am

Divu wrote:Hello Friends and Experts!

I was wondering if you could help me out with couple of quick questions, while I am sat here breaking my head on a rather sad Saturday morning! :(

1. I am due to apply for my Tier 2 extension this August 2016 under the same employer and same job as my previous application. I assume I don't need to show any bank statements for maintaining my funds? I am unable to locate this information on Tier 2 policy guidance pdf.
Not required.

2. My SOC code is 2137 as I am working as a web designer. According to last updated codes of practice, the experienced salary requirement is £23,400. Did MAC release anything in their statement of intent suggesting to increase this salary threshold after this April 2016? According to your experience is this likely to increase?
No one can be 100% sure of what will be the new salary. It may be the case that HO may keep the salary same as last time for 2137. I guess you just need to wait and watch.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Divya

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 am

Thank You Moonlight55!

Divu

Parliamentary statement & Tier 2 extension on May/June 2016

Post by Divu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi Experts and Friends,

A very quick question.

Just read this written statement, http://www.parliament.uk/business/publi ... 4/HCWS660/.

My Tier 2 visa expires this August 30th and I am due to apply for my extension this May/June. Will any of the above salary rules intended for Autumn 2016 and April 2017 affect me?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Divya

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Parliamentary statement & Tier 2 extension on May/June 2

Post by gregshukla » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:41 pm

You have provided very little information about yourself for anyone to answer your question.

What is your current soc code, salary, visa grant date etc? What parts of the statement specifically are you worried about?

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:04 pm

gregshukla wrote:You have provided very little information about yourself for anyone to answer your question.

What is your current soc code, salary, visa grant date etc? What parts of the statement specifically are you worried about?
Hello Gregshukla! Thanks for your response and apologies for the lack of information. My current SOC code is 2137 Web design and development professionals which requires a experienced salary of £23,400, which my company is happy to increase for my extension application. I transferred from post study work visa to Tier 2(in 2013) which is due to expire on August 2016. I am planning to apply for the extension very soon and this new published experienced salary threshold(£25,000 for autumn 2016) is giving me nightmares. If I apply for my extension before Autumn 2016, I assume I don't need to satisfy the new experienced salary threshold? Please advise.

Thank you
Divya

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Divu wrote:
gregshukla wrote:You have provided very little information about yourself for anyone to answer your question.

Hello Gregshukla! Thanks for your response and apologies for the lack of information. My current SOC code is 2137 Web design and development professionals which requires a experienced salary of £23,400, which my company is happy to increase for my extension application. I transferred from post study work visa to Tier 2(in 2013) which is due to expire on August 2016. I am planning to apply for the extension very soon and this new published experienced salary threshold(£25,000 for autumn 2016) is giving me nightmares. If I apply for my extension before Autumn 2016, I assume I don't need to satisfy the new experienced salary threshold? Please advise.

Thank you
Divya
Yes seems good idea to apply early, as any extension application is automatically considered as experienced hire and will need to satisfy minimum pay requirement and also with respect to your job codE

But if you go early extension for 3 years check whether the period of grant comes close for your ilr eligiblitly requirement, else you might have to extend again when new rules in place.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

Regardless of timing of application you will need min 35k at time of ilr application (i believe this also increases gradually over the next few years, dont have exact numbers to hand atm).

Divu

Tier 2 extension-missed unrestricted COS April deadline

Post by Divu » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi Friends,

Please can you help me out with a quick question.

I am due to apply for my Tier 2 extension soon, as my visa expires this August. I am going to extend my visa with the same employer under the same job.

The issue is I am the only Tier 2 employee in the whole company, and I am in a situation to lead my HR regarding this extension process as she is quite new. I assume I should be going for an unrestricted COS. In which case, when is the best time to apply for the allocation? I read somewhere that there is a deadline in April, if so we have apparently missed! I am quite nervous and stressed out about this. I feel stupid for being so careless, I am not sure how I missed this detail! I am not even sure if they have automatic allocation ticked in the SMS. I tried to go through the employee policy guidance, but it will be great if someone could clarify this for me? I will need to take action immediately tomorrow.

Thanks a loads in advance.

Kamal123
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 extension-missed unrestricted COS April deadline

Post by Kamal123 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi Divu,

If you are already in the UK then yes a unrestricted CoS will be required. There is no annual limit on the unrestricted cost by UKBA so that shouldnt be a problem. I am not an expert at this field but I have not heard anyone lose a visa on extension. Only concern is usually the experienced salary which you will need to show. Dependant on your soc code it is aroung 28-33k. I am sure more experienced users will comment.

Divu

Re: Tier 2 extension-missed unrestricted COS April deadline

Post by Divu » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Kamal,

Your response has relieved me a bit! Thank You.
I was worried about this whole April 6th deadline to apply for the unrestricted COS. Looks like I have misunderstood or confused myself! Is this deadline not valid in my case as I am not a new employee?

This article came up on google, which lead me into this panic http://smithstonewalters.com/2016/03/03 ... ation-now/.

Apologies for my ignorance in advance!

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi friends and experts,
Apologies!
Please would anyone mind clarifying the above question for me? Thank you!!!

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Hello Friends,

Apologies for bombarding with questions. As per my situation above, I am trying to calculate what will be the best time to apply for my extension, as I would like to go for the 10 years ILR route. I came to UK on Jan 2010 on student visa and then went into PSW and Tier 2 General. My current leave expires on August 2016, and my second extension will be for 3 years which would end in August 2019. This brings me to a state where I will be short by 4 months for completing 10 years. What will be the best action to take here? Any advise from experts will be much appreciated. I am equally worried about the codes of practice document being updated, which might hike my experienced salary requirement. And I am not sure if my company will agree to increasing it, and hence I had this plan of applying early may. But this whole thought about ILR has got me confused. Please help! :oops: