ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

certified copy of passport from Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hiawataa
Newly Registered

certified copy of passport from Home Office

Post by hiawataa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Dear all,

I submitted my ILR SET(LR) by post in mid-January and I have also given my biometric fingerprint at the end of January. I have been waiting for any news from the Home Office since then.
As my passport is still in the Home Office, I now need a certified copy of it from the Home Office as a valid proof of ID for some purposes (not for travelling purpose).

Is there anybody who had any experience in this ? Procedure, where to send the request, how long it will take, etc ?
I notice that a few people have asked this question before, but I haven't seen any response to those questions.

Cheers,
Hiaw

imii
- thin ice -

Re: certified copy of passport from Home Office

Post by imii » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:40 am

You can request for your immigration history from UK Visas and Immigration by sending them SAR form .
They will send your all the immigration UK history , included your first entry to UK , supporitng documents ,
Airport and airline boring pass etc ...
Please see below weblink
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

they will charge you around £10 and normally takes 4-5 weeks , 2nd option if you applied your visa through your solicitors in last 5 year then they are legally bond to provide you copy of your documents ...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:57 am

imii wrote:You can request for your immigration history from UK Visas and Immigration by sending them SAR form .
They will send your all the immigration UK history , included your first entry to UK , supporitng documents ,
Airport and airline boring pass etc ...
Please see below weblink
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

they will charge you around £10 and normally takes 4-5 weeks , 2nd option if you applied your visa through your solicitors in last 5 year then they are legally bond to provide you copy of your documents ...
The poster is asking how to get a notarised/certified copy of his passport from HO while his application is still under process with HO. OP is not asking about SAR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hiawataa
Newly Registered

Post by hiawataa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Yes, the moderator is correct. I am asking how to get a notarised/certified copy of his passport from HO while my application is still with HO. It is to give the evidence that my passport is still indeed in HO and that I can only show a copy of it at the moment.

I saw a document (for HO internal use) which mentions this certified copy.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

But when I called the Home Office, the person who answered said that they don't issue a certified copy. This is confusing.

Cheers,
Hiaw

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm

On what page of your link does it refer the documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Page 11 wrote:If you receive a request for a document to be returned for any other reason, you must tell the holder this is not possible, but the Home Office can provide them with a certified copy. There is no agreed standard wording for this certification, but it is advised it should include the fact the Home Office is holding the document and contact details in case a third party such as a bank wish to confirm this fact.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hiawataa
Newly Registered

Post by hiawataa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 pm

In Page 13, it mentions that the Home Office can provide certified copy. That document is actually not for handling the ILR, I think it is for asylum seeker case. But it shows that the HO can provide certified copies of document (if they are willing). Whereas the staff in the phone said that HO does not issue any certified copy because they are not a solicitor or anything like that.

snapeaholic
Newly Registered

Post by snapeaholic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Did you ever solve this?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Return of passport for ID purposes may be possible without affecting application. See also Return of passport by Home Office to sit Secure English Language Test.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.