ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI requirement for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tojakawale
Newly Registered

CSI requirement for PR

Post by tojakawale » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi All
Thank you for so much for such great information. I had a question with regard to EHIC I was hoping to seek some guidance.

My wife is EEA National and has a Polish EHIC. In the past two years, she has been a full time student. In this span, she had UK private comprehensive sickness insurance for four months, she worked part-time and has paid her taxes and hence she assumed she can use NHS, which she did. She quit her job six months ago and continued using NHS. However no one asked her for details of her EHIC. In fact she has left his card at her Polish house and currently we are trying to find it.

I read on another blog that EHIC is meant only for temporary leave in UK. Additionally, since no one in UK really checked her EHIC till date worries us now that we may have fu***d things up trying to save few quid.

1. Would not having EHIC between the gaps be a problem?
2. Would having a EHIC in combination of CSI and working parttime (P45,P60) suffice to make her case for EEA PR?
3. Would it be best to have a CSI asap?

I am her Non-EEA spouse, I have maintained a UK comprehensive sickness insurance. I recently started working and I am planning to discontinue my CSI since I will be paying taxes. Do you think this is a good plan?

Besides the CSI - I am one burning query. I had a weekend trip to Netherlands recently- immigration officer put a inward stamp on passport but did not put a stamp while exit. Would this create problems to confirm 'continues residence in UK' ? As I am afraid without the exit stamp, Home Office may assume I have not fulfilled max 90 days criteria?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards

noajthan

Re: CSI requirement for PR

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:31 pm

tojakawale wrote:Hi All
Thank you for so much for such great information. I had a question with regard to EHIC I was hoping to seek some guidance.

1. Would not having EHIC between the gaps be a problem?
2. Would having a EHIC in combination of CSI and working parttime (P45,P60) suffice to make her case for EEA PR?
3. Would it be best to have a CSI asap?

I am her Non-EEA spouse, I have maintained a UK comprehensive sickness insurance. I recently started working and I am planning to discontinue my CSI since I will be paying taxes. Do you think this is a good plan?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
1) Students and their family dependents need to have CSI in place for as long as the sponsor is a student. Otherwise their PR clock for themselves (& their dependent) will stop
Foreign-issued EHIC might do at a pinch.

2) To keep PR clock running, treaty rights have to have been exercised continuously for 5 years in 1 or more categories of qualified person.
If a part-time worker, the work needs to have been genuine & effective.

3) CSI can't be backdated.
if you needed it but didn't have it in place then its too late now.

If your sponsor is still a student you still need CSI cover too (even if you are working; your activity is, in immigration terms, immaterial).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.