ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Weight of Evidence for EEA2 EFM UK Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icehot1
Newly Registered

Weight of Evidence for EEA2 EFM UK Residence Card

Post by icehot1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi all! I'm an Australian currently studying university in London and have been living with my Icelandic Partner for the past 2 years. I am in the process of applying for an EEA2 (EFM) UK Residence Card so I can remain in the UK after graduation. I've been reading the UKVI website to find out more about the proof I need to provide to show that we have a relationship akin to marriage.

- I have a joint lease between him and myself but we don't any have utility bills with both our names on it (we live in an all inclusive furnished flat). How much trouble am I in?

- We have letters addressed and documents addressed to our household with our names on it that span from 2 years back till today (6 addressed to me and 9 addressed to him). Will this be sufficient enough to make up for the lack of joint utility bills?

---> My letters come from: my GP, my university, my bank, the British Air Line Pilots Association and 3 (my mobile phone provider)

---> Off the top of my head, his letters come from: The UK HM Revenues and Customs, Moorfields Eye Hospital, Standard Life Savings Co. (his retirement plan) and employment related letters from his company.

- We do not have a joint bank account but would like to start one for future convenience in sharing money and for a higher chance of making a successful application. However due to timing issues, the joint bank account won’t be set up until shortly after I submit my visa application form (ie days). Will this set off some red flags at the UKVI?

- We have pictures with the two of us together. However I heard that some doubts may arise if none of the pictures are in a group setting (ie with friends and families). How true is this statement? I’m worried because we don’t have any pictures with the 2 of us in a group setting.

Thanks in advance!

johnny9765

Re: Weight of Evidence for EEA2 EFM UK Residence Card

Post by johnny9765 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Regarding to the joint lease it should be fine, i was in the same position when i applied we had just the contract and all the bills was inclusive of our rent so we just got a letter from the landlord stating this was correct and he signed it.

with the pictures i dont think it really matters, though we did submit pictures from facebook which has the date when it was uploaded but we included a few pictures of us being intimet. So aslong as it shows a date it should be fine.

What i think really helped in our position was the fact that we split the rent 50\50 and i used to transfer the money into his account every month and then he would transfer the whole months rent to the landlord so we sent the homeoffice 2 years worth of bank statements.

By the sound of it you sent everything that i sent with my application letters from gp stating that we are registerd there and when we registered. We also both got a letter from our banks stating when did we change our address to our current one and it showed that we both changed adresses the same period.
Sent his hmrc p60s
job contract and letter headed letter stating that hes working there

Joint account has no bearing on the unmarried partner route i think