ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR through tier 1 G

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohramzan

Got ILR through tier 1 G

Post by mohramzan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi
Thanks to all mods and volunteers who helped me on many occasions, today at Liverpool PEO my application for ILR has been approved.
I Was asked to fill the questionnaire for self employment. I had 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 years as self employed. Never made any amendments.
I saw the CW calling someone but didn't see her calculating my salary so was really quick. My appointment was on 1430 but I reached at 1210.

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Got ILR through tier 1 G

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Congratulations! At last a Tier1-G applicant who has been compliant with the Rules and has no tax amendments. All credit to you. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks Casa
Tbh I had no accountant I was filling my returns myself.
I know Alot of people here complainting about accountant error/mistake. I don't know whether they are telling truth or not but one of my friend has been conned by his accountant where he paid 5000£ plus tax to him and he amended the returns at later date. Now his application is on hold.

Regards

thiruuk

Post by thiruuk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi All the best for your success! When you operate on your own through self assessment UTR... You get remainded by HMRC but in the case of limited company director won't get any reminder other than letter from companies house. So it not ignorance or cheating. Simply called lack of knowledge we get only by the time when it comes . Its just matter of who are all crossing
tHiRu

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:26 am

mohramzan wrote:Thanks Casa
Tbh I had no accountant I was filling my returns myself.
I know Lot of people here complaining about accountant error/mistake. I don't know whether they are telling truth or not but one of my friend has been conned by his accountant where he paid 5000£ plus tax to him and he amended the returns at later date. Now his application is on hold.

Regards

Why and when did he paid £5000 Plus TAX, was it on time and also why did he paid the TAX to Accountant ? My Understanding is that you pay the tax to HMRC either online banking / via bank counter on HMRC Slip / Telephone Banking.

they can hold applications if they have to carry out further checks quite normal these days specially for Previous Tier 1 General Applicant's.