ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making Statement to the Police - Impact on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RRSB2012

Making Statement to the Police - Impact on ILR

Post by RRSB2012 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I have got a sort of weird issue.
Just now police came over. They are investigating a case for criminal damage to properties against some criminal. This criminal has put his signature graffiti on many properties and they are assessing the total damage done by this criminal.

Somehow his graffiti has appeared on my Fence and neighbour's fence as well. My property is on 24 hours CCTV and there is just one blind spot and he has put the graffiti right on the blind spot. Anyways the police asked for my details and said will send me a statement to be signed. I asked me that will that impact my police record? and he said actually I will be recorded as a Victim since my property has been damaged.

My question is: Is this gonna have any impact on my ILR or Citizenship?

Advise please.
Thanks a lot.
R

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Making Statement to the Police - Impact on ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm

No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 :)

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

Post by blacklabel69 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:05 pm

I had something similar but more serious. Someone with a similar name to me, living in a similar area was defrauding pensioners, so there was a request to assist the enquiry. I didn't even think about this, just helped them by stating the facts that the bank account used was opened long before I moved to the UK and the part of the name was wrong. Did not provide any proof but just enough information that clearly showed I had nothing to do with it.

The detective was thankful and told me not to worry about it. Got my ILR today :)

Just help them out, it is part of our duties. Plus it will help make the case against the graffiti 'artist' stronger (hopefully not Banksy, in which case you sell your fence in an auction)

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 pm

BlackLabel69,
Many congrats on your ILR and Thanks for the note.
Yes they want to make the case stronger against the graffiti guy.

Many thanks
Take Care
R