ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born in the UK. Can I apply in this circumstances?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krayz133
Newly Registered

Born in the UK. Can I apply in this circumstances?

Post by krayz133 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:21 am

HI everyone,

My brother is currently in the country as a dependant of a sole representative and has stayed for 5 years but I have some concerns applying for Indefinite.
He has received his visa as a dependant of his step-dad.

I have heard that my brother can apply straight to a citizenship as he was born here.
He has his original birth certificate but my concern is that on this, the father's name is different.
So I have a few questions. Please help me out :?

Is he eligable to apply skipping past Indefinte straight to Citizenship?
If yes, is there any chance the HO making a fuss out of the birth certificate saying that the father is different?

I need to sort this out by the end of the month so please let me know your thoughts!

Many Thanks,
Ray

Member of Standing

Re: Born in the UK. Can I apply in this circumstances?

Post by member » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:25 am

krayz133 wrote:HI everyone,

My brother is currently in the country as a dependant of a sole representative and has stayed for 5 years but I have some concerns applying for Indefinite.
He has received his visa as a dependant of his step-dad.

I have heard that my brother can apply straight to a citizenship as he was born here.
He has his original birth certificate but my concern is that on this, the father's name is different.
So I have a few questions. Please help me out :?

Is he eligable to apply skipping past Indefinte straight to Citizenship?
If yes, is there any chance the HO making a fuss out of the birth certificate saying that the father is different?

I need to sort this out by the end of the month so please let me know your thoughts!

Many Thanks,
Ray
How old is he?
Are his biological parents British Citizen?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Born in the UK. Can I apply in this circumstances?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:21 am

Is his mother also here in the UK?

What is her visa status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.