ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niko
Newly Registered

british passport for child

Post by niko » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi there,

We applied the british passport for my son who was born last October in the Uk. Before we did it we called the passport office and asked what kind of documents will they need, we are entiled or not. They said we must live here 5 years ago and they need p45 and p60 until my baby was born. I had more than 5 years working history but they found the mistake but I didn"t know about it before. When we came to the Uk in 2010 we had to register to Home Office and I have a working registration scheme but when I changed job nobody told me that between 12 months I had to register again my new employer details on the scheme. I don"t think it was only my mistake. My second employer why not informed me about it or the tax office. I just worked, paid tax and NI and I thought all is well. Whose responsibility was it really? what can I do now? Because they do not want to accept my first full 12 months and without that I haven"t 5 years.

Plus when I asked the passport office always said different things, so I do not understand what they want, what I have to prove: 5 years working history? or 5 years continuous working history?

And where and who can give me a letter which shows that I got or not any benefits the last 5 years and the benefits amount as well. Why they need it the passport office?

If anyone can help me thank you

noajthan

Re: british passport for child

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:48 pm

niko wrote:Hi there,

We applied the british passport for my son who was born last October in the Uk. Before we did it we called the passport office and asked what kind of documents will they need, we are entiled or not. They said we must live here 5 years ago and they need p45 and p60 until my baby was born. I had more than 5 years working history but they found the mistake but I didn"t know about it before. When we came to the Uk in 2010 we had to register to Home Office and I have a working registration scheme but when I changed job nobody told me that between 12 months I had to register again my new employer details on the scheme. I don"t think it was only my mistake. My second employer why not informed me about it or the tax office. I just worked, paid tax and NI and I thought all is well. Whose responsibility was it really? what can I do now? Because they do not want to accept my first full 12 months and without that I haven"t 5 years.

Plus when I asked the passport office always said different things, so I do not understand what they want, what I have to prove: 5 years working history? or 5 years continuous working history?

And where and who can give me a letter which shows that I got or not any benefits the last 5 years and the benefits amount as well. Why they need it the passport office?

If anyone can help me thank you
What is your status in UK?
Are you an EEA national?

Are you from an A8 (or A2) country?

You seem to be talking about WRS.
If so, if you worked in UK before 2011 you were supposed to be registered.

If you were not properly registered for WRS then, unfortunately, your time in UK may not have counted towards PR - so you may not have acquired PR yet.

Do you have any EU documents issued in UK, for example a RC?

Do you have any other family members, from an EU country, (your spouse perhaps) who may have PR?

To have acquired PR you (or an EEA sponsor) need to have been exercising treaty rights continuously in UK for 5 years.
(That means as a worker or self-employed or student, etc).

Otherwise all is not lost, WRS ended in 2011 so it may be you will have acquired PR by mid-2016.

You will then be able to apply for a confirmation of PR card which could help with your child's passport application;
it will also help if you have ambitions for the privilege of citizenship (a PR card is now mandatory for citizenship).

fyi - see this passport guidance for EEA nationals:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

niko
Newly Registered

Post by niko » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:18 pm

thank you for the help, we came from Eu8.
maybe my wife papers are good get the passport.
where and who can give me a letter which shows that I got or not any benefits the last 5 years and the benefits amount as well. Why they need it the passport office?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Contact the DWP or your local job centre plus for the letter :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 pm

niko wrote:thank you for the help, we came from Eu8.
maybe my wife papers are good get the passport.
where and who can give me a letter which shows that I got or not any benefits the last 5 years and the benefits amount as well. Why they need it the passport office?
To get the passport you need to show you have settled status, for EEA/EU8 people that means PR.

If you didn't register properly for WRS it is unlikely you have PR yet (unless you can claim to be sponsored by another EU citizen).

Benefits letter is to prove you have not been a burden on the state. If you have it might invalidate your qualified person status in UK.

So unfortunately it may not just be a case of getting a benefits letter.
Can you clarify if you have WRS &/or PR documents?

niko
Newly Registered

Post by niko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Thank you for all answer.
Do you know somebody the general DWP phone number? Because we went yesterday to Job Center Plus and they said they can not help where can I ask a letter which is show that I got or not any benefits.

lojzina
Newly Registered

Post by lojzina » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,

Sorry to butt into this thread. But if you worked under WRS for one employer for the whole of 12 months without any interuptions you didn't have to register again if you changed an employer after the fore mentioned 12 months. You were entitled to a residency certificate.
That seems to be a problem for many A8 nationals at the moment, as suddenly form nowhere a new rule appeared that you had to register with every new employer until 2011 (even though you worked for one for 12 months). Several people have shared stories about their child's British passports renewals, where the above caused the children to loose their BC. That is totally illegal.

niko
Newly Registered

Post by niko » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:38 pm

The passport office needs my income details for the whole of April 2015 but they know I am self employed. Can somebody help me How can I do it? Because we will do the tax return (2015/2016) next year in January and it will be full year not only one month.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:55 pm

niko wrote:The passport office needs my income details for the whole of April 2015 but they know I am self employed. Can somebody help me How can I do it? Because we will do the tax return (2015/2016) next year in January and it will be full year not only one month.
If you have all the invoices from self-employment that were issued during the month of April 2015 then you can simply add them up.
That will give your gross income for April 2015.

niko
Newly Registered

Post by niko » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 pm

I had to register to Home Office When I started to work with my first employer in 2010 April. But that employer modified a bit the company name, they didn"t change name only put one more words in the name. Everything else stayed the same. Its happend after 11 and half months( date was 30.03.2011.). I had to register again the employer"s new name on the Working Registration Scheme?

maninuk
Newly Registered

Post by maninuk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi niko

did you have luck with your child's British passport at all

seems.. I'm in the same boat. As HMpassport office keep asking me for different type of documents. And it comes from different case handlers every time when I receive a letter from them. It so frustrating that straight forward case been made so complicated now.. I'm stuck at the moment with our child's passport