ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite leave to remain and biometric residence permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

info1
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to remain and biometric residence permit

Post by info1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:03 am

Hi

Looking for some clarification please any assistance appreciated.

My Uncle in a Indian Citizen with indefinite leave to remain in a expired passport, he is looking to travel to Italy, the questions are :

1. will he be able to enter the UK if he takes his old passport stamped with indefinite leave to remain stamped on it or will he have to apply for a biometric residence permit to enter the UK?

2. If he needs the biometric permit how long does it take to have the application processed.

Mant Thanks

Naynay30
Newly Registered

Re: indefinite leave to remain and biometric residence permi

Post by Naynay30 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:21 am

He can travel with both passport,the expire one with the visa that's in it and the new passport.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: indefinite leave to remain and biometric residence permi

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:31 am

Bear in mind he'll need a Schengen visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.